CH 3

Harry Styles

May 15th, 2014.
5:15pm

I need to sleep.

My head hurts, my eyes hurt.

Everything hurts.

I headed back out to my car, Hatch was asleep on the dashboard in the perfect spot of sun.

If I went home neither of us will get any sleep and my eyes are starting to get heavier as the minutes pass.

"Psst. Hatch." I whisper, he cracks his eyes open. I pat my leg, he jumps down and onto my lap. I lean the chair back, he stands up and sits down on my chest.

The sleep clouded my senses before I could rationally think anything through.

Two car doors shutting shook me awake. Hatch grumbled beside me.

He must have moved.

Once I got a grip of where I was and what was happening I sat up and noticed Blaze was leaving.

I check the time, 5:15.

This is perfect.

"You ready for a little stakeout, buddy?" I ask Hatch.

He leans on the arm rest, looking up at me.

I kiss the top of his head, we watch her pull out of the parking lot. I wait five seconds then I follow her out.

She first drives toward an old bookstore in a more quaint and quiet part of London.

"What are you doing, Edith?" I ask myself.

Two more people who look identical to Stone, wait in front of the store for Blaze's arrival.

Hatch and I made eye contact, "I can't believe there's more." I say to him, pulling up my hoodie to cover my hair.

They hop in the backseat and drive off.

Curiously, I continue following.

Not only is there three asshats with the same fucking face, they all seem to have the same personality too. I can see the commotion from the rear window.

At one point Blaze was swerving, I slowed down creating more distance between us.

They ended up stopping at a restaurant, the three kids got out and walked into the building to order. I parked a few spaces away.

As the kids walk into the building Blaze steps out of the car. I watch her every move.

She looks over at me.

We make eye contact.

Shit.

I look down at Hatch trying to look busy. "Play dead." I say to him.

He looks at me like I'm the dumb one here.

"You cunt, just play dead. Make me look busy." I whisper at him. He licks my face.

"No, stupid, pretend to be dead-"

The passenger side door opens, she sits in the seat closing the door.

A gun clicks. The barrel is pressed to my head.

I freeze. Hatch looks unbothered, he gets off my lap and moves to the intruders.