CH27

Harry Styles

The anticipation was killing me, it seemed like she was taking an ungodly amount of time to clean my eyebrow.

She kept questioning if I needed stitches as a way to stall from telling me what is going on.

"Baby, you almost done?" I question, studying her eyes, which were concentrating on the wounds of my face.

"Mhm, he fucked you up bad." She leans forward and kisses my temple.

"I've had worse." I shrug, pulling her hands away, kissing her palms. "Can we have that conversation now?"

She shrugs off my grip and starts putting the medicines and cloths away. She opens the medicine cabinet and pauses for a second before blinking herself back into consciousness.

I'm too focused on her to realize what she was seeing.

"Blaze?" I give her a pleasing look.

She turns her head toward me, "Hm? Right. Just let me," She takes a second to find another excuse. "I need to wash my hands."

"Love-"

"Just give me a second, Harry." She snaps, looking me in the eyes for a second before looking away.

Her tone shocks me for a second, did I push her too far?

She's not gonna tell me anything.

"I'll just go wait in the room, if you want to talk we can talk if not, I'll stop asking. Alright?" I go to reach her, she flinches like I was going to hurt her or something.

I step back, realizing my presence isn't wanted and I walk out of the bathroom without another word.

I head to the kitchen to get ice for my throbbing face, unsure of what I even look like right now.

I find a bag of frozen peas, wrapping it in a towel and gently pressing it on my jaw, wincing at the tenderness of it.

A ritual that I used to do when I'd get hurt like this was always a glass of brandy to numb it, I try and fight that urge but the pain and the thoughts are too overwhelming. I reach for the cabinet.

"H?" She walks into the kitchen, arms wrapped around herself, the hair around her face wet. I imagine she was trying to ground herself.

"Yeah, B?" I turn around, leaning against the counter.

I'm not upset with the way she reacted, I'm sure whatever she has to say is heavy shit and she has to be the one to share it.

"I'm sorry." She says, slowly approaching me.

"For what? I'm sure today has been stressful enough I shouldn't have pushed you the way I did." I ramble as she stands in-front of me now, looking everywhere but my eyes.

"You're just trying to help, I shouldn't get upset with you. Especially when you just got the shit kicked out of you, I mean a whole tooth fell out of your face." She looks at me now, holding the apples of my cheeks, I set the peas on the counter.

"Rest in peace." I fake sniffle, trying to get a laugh out of her.

She chuckles through her nose, scanning my face.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" She says in a way that knocks the air from my lungs.

Nothing about me is beautiful definitely not right now.

I lean in to kiss her, she beats me to it. Kissing me gently, trying her hardest not to hurt me.

"You ready to have that conversation now?" I ask against her lips.