V: 5

LIZZIE'S BAR

Night City: District Watson

I wake up half naked in a booth at the back of Lizze's Bar: a Mox run titty bar equipped with all the big B's-- Booze, Boobs and the occasional Bomb going off at near Sutter Street. Like Jigjig Street, Lizzie's was a safe space for Joytoys, I mean, Dolls to roam and the average business transaction.

Why did I feel the need to mosey all the way to Watson just to feel a pair of tits? Easy. Dickhead Martinez had me craving skin and intimacy after walking in on him and his girl fucking to a backstreet BD. Not the first time I've had to interrupt an in-progress BD and certainly won't be the last!

I hike on my pants up and fasten the zipper, Johnny then appears in my vision like always, clear as day as if the Rocker boy were actually right here in the room with me. I only wish it was my imagination, and not a killer personality engram slotted into the back of my head eating away at my brain slowly, erasing my existence in entirety. 

He was smoking a cigarette, hella relax, sitting in a chair on the other side of the room. He chuckles at me, as if my hangover and continuous shitty life choices were a fucking joke. Or perhaps it's out of jealousy-- he was quite the party boy 50 years ago.

Johnny: "Leave it to V to get her rocks off after completing yet another job. Heh, you're becoming more like me every damn day! What's next? Bombing Arasaka Tower or playing a top-notch gig in some shitty parking lot?"

I snort loudly. "How about all the above." 

 It's not completely Silverhand's fault that I'm a low life. I did plenty of living-life-on-the-edge shit before we met. The frequent hangovers, however, yeah... that's all his doing.

Johnny: "That's more like it!"

An incoming call rings on the Holo, it's Padre. I could already smell the eddies coming!

Padre: V, morning. I pray your night wasn't long and inconvenienced by my request.

"No, not at all. Gig went by pretty smoothly if I do say myself."

Padre: And what about Martinez? Do you think these Edgerunners will be making much trouble in Heywood? I don't need the Valentinos using these new kids as target practice.

"David is just some overgrown teenager with dreams to make it big. A legend. Just like all the other gonks in Night City. Got to admit even I can relate to that. He didn't have to say much for me to get the gist of it. He is packing some pretty hefty chrome, no doubt about that. But he lacks when it comes to negotiation skills. Good thing I wasn't sent there to blow his brains out, the guy wouldn't have stood a chance." I laugh to ease the tension. "Don't worry Padre, I don't think these kids are going to be any trouble as far as the Valentinos goes."