Chapter 18: Zac & Kayleb

Still standing there in the storage room, Zac viciously grinned when he moved his eyes around. He rubbed his palms together. Then he gazed at the bag lying on the floor with some rope tied to it.

-Oh, man, Zac buddy. This is gonna be great! I can put this little brat in that bag and have that other brat and her shitty as friends find her piece of shit brother, while I go out and sell my mom's necklace to the pawn shop and get somethin' to eat by myself. That'll make up for last night's financial loss. It's gonna be great.

Then he moved his head around for a few moments.

-Now I jus' need to find some tape for Kayleb's mouth, and rope for his hands and feet while I'm at it.

He walked all over the room out of search for some tape and rope. He looked at the majority of the areas in that room, and yet he couldn't find them. He sighed, frowned and leaned his body forward.

-Oh, man. Where the hell's the tape and more rope?! I know they're here somewhere. I gotta keep lookin'. I don't have time to waste, y'know. One of Hadasa's friends or even her brother can come in here any minute, Zac buddy.

When he looked at the cabinets, he widened his amazed eyes when he finally saw some gray tape and rope inside one of these drawers.

-Oh, man! Congrats, Zac buddy! I finally found what I'm lookin' for! About damn time!

He pulled the tape and rope out of there and pushed the drawer back in. He examined them closely with a vicious grin.

-Oh, yeah, baby. Yeah! Now we're talkin'! This is gonna be great! I can't wait to trap this brat in here! I jus' can't-

"Um, Zac? Are you in here?" Kayleb's voice questioned behind Zac.

Hearing the door creaked open and Kayleb's footsteps entered the room, Zac quickly turned his head to slightly right with his eyes widened and a frown. His eyes moved a bit sideways a little bit.

-Oh, shit! Kayleb's in here!

He returned to the items in his hands. His face switched from fear to anxiety.

-I better hide these before that brat finds me with these, and becomes suspicious with me.

Zac quickly placed the items in his pocket just in time before Kayleb finally found him standing there.

"Oh, there you are," Kayleb said as he walked his footsteps towards Zac. "My sister, her friends and I were lookin' all over for ya. We're ready to take off and leave to go to one of the fast food joints for lunch. You're goin' with us, right?"

Zac turned around and forced a big smile with his eyes closed, placing his left hand on one of the cabinets. "Why, of course, I'm comin' with you guys. I mean, why wouldn't I go?"

-Like hell, I'm goin' with you guys. I'd rather go to a fast food joint by myself, than havin' lunch with you guys.

"Okay! Great!" Kayleb exclaimed with his eyes closed and a grin. Then he opened his eyes and took a look around the area. "But what are you doin' in this room anyway?"

"Oh, I was explorin' this amazing building before we leave, that's all," Zac replied. "I love repeated explorations, y'know."

"Ah, I see..." Kayleb said. "Now that I found you, Let's go reunite with my sister and her friends!"