Chapter 22: Punishment Chores

When the janitor took Zac and Sam to the clothing room, he turned to them and handed them a broom, a mop and some cleaner wipes. "Okay, you two. You're going to work together to clean this room. I want this room clean, do you two understand me?"

Sam and Zac frowned at the janitor. "Yes, sir…"

"Good," the janitor said as he began to walk out the room. "Now if I hear you two fighting, I'll report you guys to Mrs. A. You got that?"

After the boys repeated their answers, the janitor opened the door wide. "Good."

Watching the janitor close the door and leave the room, the boys turned around and moved their eyes around sideways. The clothes were either hung up or inside the boxes. Several big boxes were standing still and watching the boys stare at them. There were a few items lying on the floor; some were trash and others were not so.

-Oh, man…I can't believe I have to work together with…

Zac turned to Sam and glared at him.

-That guy over there…

Then he returned his attention to his surroundings right in front of him.

-To clean this shit up…I mean, talk about today as literally the worst day ever…in my life…

Sighing, he turned to Sam with his no nonsense look on his face. "Look…"

"What?!" Sam snapped as he angrily turned to Zac and glared at him for a few moments.

-This bitch…

"We need to wipe everything in this room and pick up items on the floor, so that I can sweep the floor first. Then you mop it, got it?" Zac suggested, moving his hands up and down a couple times.

"Yea, yea, yea. Sure…" Sam nearly closed his eyes when he continuously stared at Zac. Then he sighed and took a deep, angry breath and looked away from Zac. "Whatever! Let's hurry the hell up and clean this freakin' place, so that I don't have to deal with you and your bullshit anymore. The sooner we get our chores done, the better."

Zac growled at Sam for a moment. 

-Oooo, I can't wait to punch this bitch before I leave.

Then he realized that he didn't want anymore trouble with Mrs. A and later his own parents. It wasn't not worth it for him to remain separated from video games and his own money. He began to forget about what he ought to do with Sam earlier.

-Alright, Zac buddy. Forget about what I thought earlier and get to work. I don't wanna get caught again.

Once Zac and Sam wiped everything cleaned, they picked up a few items on the floor and placed them back the way they were. Sam turned to Zac, moving his thumb backwards. "Yo, Zac. You're up!"

"Got it," Zac responded as he grabbed the broom and the blue dustpan from both the wall and floor.

As soon as Zac dropped the dustpan in the middle of the floor, he began to sweep the glistened, tiled floor. For a long while, Zac sighed and frowned while he continued to sweep the floor. He was about twenty-five percent done with his duty.