Chapter 7

Arnav stood at Shashi's room itself as he heard Shashi's words.

Shashi - Sit down.

Arnav sat on the chair beside looking at Shashi.

Shashi - What's your name ?

Arnav - Arnav.

Shashi - What are you doing ?

Arnav - Iam running a Business.

Shashi - Business Means ?

Arnav - I am running a fashion house named AR.

Shashi - I have never seen you before with Raizadas. Why is that so ?

Arnav - I was in Brazil for business reasons.

Shashi - Why did you accepted for this marriage ?

Arnav closed his eyes and taking a deep breath - Personal reasons uncle.

Shashi chuckled mockingly. Arnav gave a small smile. He is amazed by the way this man loves his Daughter and that gave him a reason to behave polite with him.

Shashi frowned. He thought Arnav will never answer him but he is answering everything patiently.

Shashi - But My Daughter said Ok for this marriage only because I wanted.

Arnav kept quiet and looked at him waiting for him to continue.

Shashi - Usko andhere se darr lagta hai.... And now I feel like I have left her alone in that darkness knowing well that she would suffer, and I couldn't do anything to safeguard her. Before you came there, your family's behaviour hurt me a lot and Iam damn sure that my Daughter is also going through the same.

Arnav observed his words carefully and decided to listen him until he finishes.

Shashi - You might be thinking Why am I speaking like this when I myself accepted for both of your marriage yesterday. Yesterday I was left out with no other option, your family and my mother said so many things and created such pressure in my mind that I couldn't think anything beyond that. And now all I want is just a single thing from you..... I always wanted my Daughter to have a husband who loves her and care for her like no body does. But after whatever happened, I lost the hope that she will be loved. But I expect Kushi will not get punished for no mistake of hers and live a dignified life she deserves to.

Arnav took a deep breath - I don't know what to say. Iam myself in a great mess. But I can assure you one thing, Your Daughter will live a life with all the respect and dignity she deserves. I can promise you that.

Shashi closed his eyes taking a deep breath and letting the lone tears flow from his eyes.

Arnav - Rest for sometime Uncle. I will be outside.

Shashi sighed and nodded his head. Arnav stood up and shared his current location to Aman.

On the other side -

Sheela and Sheetal was sitting in her room after giving coffee to Vansh who inturn gave them a nose cut saying he don't like coffee or tea. Then sipping that waste water in the name of coffee they prepared, they settled in Sheetal's room sighing.

Sheela - I can't believe it. Kushi's husband brought her this much costly Mangalsutra.

Sheetal - And Vansh ji didn't even took me to shopping.

Sheela - First call your Mother-in-law and ask permission to stay here.

Sheetal - What ?

Sheela - Haan, you should not leave a chance to impress her. Kushi is in her father's tension. She will not call her. So you call her and inform her that you will be staying here. Here call her.....