Chapter 18

Kushi was shocked to know Arnav's past and look at Aman with disbelief written all over her face. Aman gave a sad smile to her.

She can't imagine a 17 year old teenager to decide a deal with his father, when his mother was fighting for her life. All these days she thought that her life was complicated, but seeing Arnav's.... Her life was not that cruel.

But hats off to that Man.... He didn't fall down and kept himself going and gained a position that anybody could rarely achieve.

Aman - Kushi this is not my take to reveal his past life to you.... But I told you everything, because I want you to know what his mindset is. There is chances that you might misunderstand his actions.

Kushi - He must have been hurt to agree to this marriage. Nani shouldn't have blackmailed him with his Mother's name.

Aman smiled - I feel good seeing you thinking about his situation when you yourselves was hurt of that. But Kushi, whatever happens... It happens for good. By any chance are you feeling pity for him ?

Kushi shook her head as 'No'

Aman - Good. Because Arnie doesn't need anyone's pity. He is not a loser that everyone should pity over him. He ran more than necessary and now I want him to be content in his life. He needs someone to ask him 'how is he feeling'. He is done wearing that macho man mask.

Kushi felt as if she was burdened with a big responsibility on her shoulder hearing Aman's words. She felt, she needed to be more responsible and sensible towards him.

Aman - Kushi..... Arnie gave me a life anyone would only dream off..... If he can do this much for a friend, imagine how much that guy will do for his wife..... I wish to see you both happy all your life. And I trust it will happen soon.

Keeping his hands over her head, he smiled at her.

Aman - Come. Let's go down. Arnav will be back in some time.

Kushi and Aman went downstairs only to see that Arnav was walking inside taking his fast long strides.

Aman - Arnie....

Arnav glanced at him.

Aman - I'll go office. Have some work.

Arnav - Have lunch and go.

Aman - Arnie....

Arnav - Muh bandh kar. Lunch khake jaana.

Aman pouted - Saale.... Muh bandh karke khana kaise kaathe hein ? Do you know that special kind of gymnastics ?

Arnav rolled his eyes - Come to study.

Aman - Chal....

Arnav and Aman went to the study room and started working. HP was done preparing Lunch and after sometime everyone went and had their lunch. Aman and others went to their office.

It was night -

Arnav was seen sitting on the poolside dipping his legs in water, looking at nothing in particular. He felt a lump in his throat remembering his mother.

He didn't understand how Arvind Malik didn't fall for a gem like his mumma.... How come he couldn't stay loyal to his wife and lusted over other woman ? His mother doesn't deserve him.... She didn't deserve such a husband and life. But......

He heard a feeble sound calling him from behind and turned his head to see it was Kushi.

Kushi - It's getting late. Aren't you going to sleep ?

Arnav quietly turned his head - You go and sleep.

Kushi took a deep breath and went and sat beside him. He looked at her stunned but averted his eyes away from her.