Chapter 11

Third POV

Max closed her locker shut after putting away her notebooks and textbooks. Dustin and Lucas walked up to her on their way out.

"So. How was your appointment yesterday? Everything good?" Lucas asks Max narrowed her eyes. "Who's asking? You or Maya?" Max asks and Dustin puts his hands up in surrender as Lucas grins sheepishly.

"Okay, so it's Maya. But only because you're not keeping her informed like you do with me, Dustin, Will, Mike, El, Robin, Nancy, and Steve. You even make us promise not to tell Maya at all and when she asks what the doctor said you reply with everything fine." Lucas explains.

Maya has even insisted on coming with her, whenever El, Nancy, Robin, or Max's mom can't come with her to the doctor but Max refuses. She honestly didn't know if she would feel comfortable with Maya in the room as they went through the ultrasound. She just felt weird about anyone other than her mom, El, Nancy, and Robin being there overall since each visit got her so emotional.

"Tell her everything is fine." Max says, "Well were going to need more details than that otherwise she'll keep asking us." Lucas said and smiles when he points to the slight bump of her abdomen, seen easily through her shirt. "Your baby bump is coming in pretty early though."

"I'm in my second trimester and Dr. Lawerence told me it's because I'm petite. But my weight gain is pretty normal." Max informs them, "How much have you gained?" Lucas asks.

"Because as Maya informant. It's our job to keep all tabs on you." Dustin said, "Your cravings seem to be the same. Still nasty ketchup." Lucas says wrapping an arm around her shoulders as they walked towards the art room.

"Dustin, Lucas we're done here." Max says making them laugh and she playfully glares at the two. A couple of girls walked by the three of them, leaning into each other and whispered as they stared at her before they started to giggle.

Max rolled her eyes. It'd been a few weeks since the Homecoming vomit disaster and Mike wasn't wrong when he said the whole school knows that she's pregnant, rumors spread that the father of the baby is the guy that she cheated with during the time her and Jake we're dating it was pretty much the only thing students would talk about.

There were some people who would whisper in the hallways as she walked by and a couple would throw her vengefully disgusted looks, but she would ignore them. El and Robin would glare back on occasion, but Max had told them it wasn't worth it, luckily Maya nor the boys would be around when she receives the looks. But they found out when Robin told them. But for the most part, some students just didn't care. After all Max wasn't the first girl to have gotten pregnant at their high school. She was the first one who hadn't gotten an abortion, but pregnancies weren't totally uncommon.

"Don't let it get to you." Lucas says, "Those sophomores are just obnoxious." Dustin added glaring at the retreating girls.

"I'm not worried about it. The only opinions that matter to me are those of the people I actually give a shit about." Max assures her friends, "Aren't you two going to be late for HellFire." Max informs them.

"Okay but text us if you feel like you're going to puke." Dustin says, "I will now hurry up before you guys are late." Max says and the two wave goodbye and race down the hallway to HellFire Club. Max chuckled in amusement before opening the room and walking to her station towards the back. There was one other senior in the room who waved at her as she was cleaning off her brushes and palette.

Max picked up her palette and squirted some blue to continue with the base layer of her background for the sunset.

Two Hours Later