Chapter VI

Statements at sunset

I was paralyzed. Hanging from her neck was a pendant just like mine, except for its colour. It was blue and not pink.
How was that possible? It was somewhere between Hanon's and Noel's, a blue as pure and deep as the ocean itself.

—I think it’s best if I formally introduce myself. –The redhead said to the clear lack of context. –My full name is Kairi Shimizu. And I am the mermaid princess of the ocean pearl. –She explained, stretching out her right hand in greeting.

—I am Y/N Domoto, princess of the prism pearl? –I imitated her dialogue as I brought my hand to hers, closing the greeting she initiated.

—You're really funny. –She laughed as we unwound the greeting. –Well, now that you know who I am, I should explain to you why I know so many things. Don’t you think? –She commented, to which I nodded immediately.

—Yes... It would be best. –I spoke sitting in the sand.

—Let's see, where do I start? –She murmured at the same time as she copied my action and positioned herself at my side. –Well, it's simple. It's simple. As you know, the former Water Queen brought you here to save this world. The problem is that you only have knowledge of the events of the first five chapters that are written, and that's a big problem if you need to know what things should and shouldn't happen. –Kairi started narrating looking out to sea. –That's why she created me. With the ability to know within five chapters of what was going to happen in the future, she gave me the mission to help you stop the evil that's hanging over this place. –Without taking her eyes off the salt water, her face formed a sincere smile. –That’s why I’m here. Next to your pearl, she made mine. Besides, I also know that there is another world where all this is told in manga volumes. But I think you figured that out earlier. –She let out a light chuckle into the air.

—Wow. That... explains a lot. –I commented after a few seconds of silence. –I'm sorry I was so rude to you. I thought, well, you just wanted to annoy me. –I apologised for everything I'd said to her since I'd met her.

—It’s okay. I really wanted to bother you. I liked the look on your face when you were angry. –And after that, she laughed.

—But what did I expect? Her attitude was not going to be different. –I sighed at that reaction.

–Oh, I almost forgot. Aren't you curious why your pearl doesn't match the colours of your shell or tail? –She asked, creating a doubt that didn't exist before.

—Now that you mention it... I thought it was for genetics. You know, for being Luchia’s daughter. –I babbled looking at my pink pendant.

—Nope. Genetics has nothing to do with it in your case. The truth behind it is a bit more complex. –She began to narrate. –Your pearl has the ability to blend in with other mermaids so as not to attract attention. –She explained with a thoughtful pose.

—I'm basically a chameleon. –I said reluctantly.

—Yes... –He replied by processing my simplicity. –But that doesn’t matter, the thing is that you already know your pearl's ability. –The redhead exclaimed, clasping her hands together and smiling. -Now you just need to know who it is.– –Before she could continue, a strong gale blew Kairi away.

—Kairi! –I shouted at the top of my lungs as I stood up from my seat.

Intending to run in his direction, I was stopped by a strong grip. As I turned to see who was holding me, I ran into pink hair. A pink I had seen before.
Above his head hovered a halo of light that complemented his multiple wings. With a grim look and an evil smile, there was no doubt that I had seen this person somewhere before.

—Hey, you'd better worry about yourself instead of her. –The stranger commented coldly as he grabbed my chin to make me look in his direction. –Ah... But what a pretty necklace you're wearing. You wouldn't mind if I kept it, would you? –He murmured, tearing the object from my neck. –You did well Sonata. –He said to his companion, a woman with wings just like him.

—At your service. -The brunette spoke as she slowly blushed.

—Oh? This is not the pink pearl... Although it has a very strong power. With this I'm sure it will be easier to dominate this world! –Still keeping his grip on my face, his words alarmed me.

—Let go of me you idiot! –I exclaimed as loudly as possible trying to separate myself from him. At that, a light burst from my forehead.

—What?! –The surprise flooded on the contrary, just like his follower.

Covering his face with his arms, the pink-stranded man loosened his grip. Without waiting, I let go as I retrieved my pearl and hurried to where Kairi was.
It didn’t take long for them to regain vision, and even so, I couldn't help but feel nervous about it. With no time to check her condition, I positioned myself in front of her.

—As loud as her mother... –The boy spoke. –We had the wrong daughter, but I think I found a hidden jewel. –He smiled despite still feeling a noticeable pain in his eyes.

—I don’t know who you are, but I won’t let you near my family. –I didn’t hesitate to say, extending my arms, hiding Kairi behind me.

—Ah... So that's what we have. –He began to say with a grim look. - Well, if you want, I’ll play your game. My name is Fuku, future savior of this world and liberator of the Earth. This is my declaration of war against humanity and sirens. Because, for your misfortune, you stopped being able to save yourselves from this a while ago. –The now named Fuku narrated with a malicious smile. –Sonata, this first game will be yours. –And, at those words, he disappeared amidst the lights and feathers.

—Yes, my lord. –Said the aforementioned before the departure of her leader. –I am Sonata, the swiftest bird that has ever flown these skies. My singing will make you fall in no time. So, get ready to– –Before she could continue with her monologue, I cut her in anger.

—Shut up! I'm not here for your games. –I shouted at her with no more patience. –Prism pearl voice! –I said forcefully to the sunset skies. Thus, with the same brightness that managed to blind them previously, my body was surrounded by a dazzling white light.

My simple outfit was changed to a dress with a sweetheart neckline, in different colours and with a long skirt that split in the front (giving way to another shorter, white skirt). My boots were transformed into heels and on my arms appeared long gloves, both in white.
My hair became blonde again, long and braided; not to mention how I now possessed a microphone that, being different from the one in the manga and anime, was still the same size as the original ones..

—Good. Now the good stuff begins. –I spoke without wasting time.