The Science Fair

Dad carried a heavy box towards David's car. It's the stuff that we are going to put in the display for the Science Fair. "I still can't believe that you got an A++ on Science!" Mom smiled as she looks at dad walking towards us. "I know, I can't believe it too." David walked in the house and took some other boxes. "I'm so proud of you my daughter." Dad said. "When we were college, I only got A." Dad giggled. "You got A? Stop lying to your own daughter!" Mom laughed at dad. Mom looked at me. "Honestly, I was the one who got an A. Your dad got a C+ on Science." Mom laughed. I laughed with her. "Everything's all in." David said. "Cool, so mom, dad, we better get going to start decorating our display table. The fair is going to star soon." I said. "Don't you need a parental support?" Mom asked. "They didn't say that parents were invited. But if we win, I'll call you okay?" I smiled. "Have fun Julianna." Dad said as he kissed my head. Mom also kissed my head. "Thanks." I smiled as I walked towards David's car. "Good luck to the both of you!" Mom and dad said as they waved at us. David and I settled in the car. He started driving.

"I'm excited to decorate." I smiled at David. "Yes and I'm excited to answer the judge's questions." David smiled back. "I'm actually nervous to that part." I said. "Don't be. We can do this." David said as he winked at me. "Right." I looked away. "So, if we win, we should celebrate on weekends." David said. "Yeah?" I agreed. "Your friends, my friends will go." David said. "That's a great idea!" I smiled widely. "I hope we win. Because if we do, that would be a big honor." I said. "I'm actually confident that we will win." David said. I looked at him in a sarcastic way. "Think about this, we got the highest ranking in our batch. Remember, we're only competing freshmen." David said. "Yeah, freshmen versus freshmen, sophomore versus sophomore, junior versus junior, and senior versus senior." I said. "Exactly." David smiled. "But that ranking is only what our teacher thinks. What about what the judges thinks?" I said enormously. "Relax Julianna, even if we don't win, we'll still celebrate." David giggled. "Well.." I said. "Hey, just be confident. Win or loose, it doesn't matter. We're still the best!" David said. His hand went near my hand. I tried to ignore. "You know what?" I said. "What?" David asked. "You're the kind of a smart person that has a huge confidence and a good sport spirit." I smiled. "By that you mean.." David was confused. "Well, you're just smart David. The smartest man I know for now." I giggled. "Hey, you're the smartest girl I know too." David smiled. "You're just saying that because you got nothing to say about me." I said as I looked away. "No." David said. I felt his hand on my hand. I looked at them and he's holding my hand. "I don't lie or make stories about you. I mean, I know what exactly I'm going to use. The adjectives that I'm gonna use to you. I'm serious." David said. I looked at him in the eye. He looked serious. "Okay." I said as I took my hand away. I felt awkward.

Eventually, we arrived school. He parked his car in the parking lot. "So, let's decorate." David said as he went out of the car. I followed. We started taking some boxes out of his car. "I have something in my trunk that will make us carry the boxes easier." David said as he opened the trunk of his car. He took a red wagon. "Are you sure that you're not a boy scout?" I laughed. "Nah." David laughed. He started putting the boxes on the wagon. He started pulling it. "I'll pull it." I insisted. "No. I'll pull it." David smiled. "Okay, alright!" I said. We walked in and went towards the gymnasium. Few minutes, we arrived at the gym. "Ready?" David asked. "Ready." I smiled. We both walked in and found the spot for our display. "Let's start decorating." I said as I opened a box and took out some fruits. David did the same. Later. "Hey bitches, we are going to help you!" Jessica said as she walked towards us. "Hey!" I said as I hugged her. "Where is Shirley and Matthew?" Mary asked. "We agreed to be neighbors on the display for the fair." I said. "What?" Steven was confused. "It means that we are going to put our display beside theirs!" Shirley said. We all were shocked because she just came from nowhere. "What the fuck!" Jessica shouted. "When the hell did you arrived?" Jason asked. "Just now." Shirley laughed. "Are you a ghost or something?" Sandra laughed. "Are you really stupid?" Shirley said. I laughed. "Come on, let's start decorating." I smiled. We started gathering things and putting them on our display. Some of my friends were at Shirley's display, some were on mine.