The Face Off

I walked towards school. "Julianna! Wait up!" Someone called me in a British accent. I looked at my back and it was Mary who was calling me. "Hey Mary!" I greeted. "Hello Julianna, may I walk with you to school?" Mary asked. "Why not?" I giggled. She smiled. We walked until we reached the school campus. "So, how was your morning?" Mary asked, her British accent is very beautiful. "Fine Mary. How about yours?" I asked back, to be polite. "Wonderful, I ate Strawberry with pancakes for breakfast. It was my favorite." Mary said. "That's great." I smiled. "Delightful indeed." Mary said. We walked on the hallway, Professor Miller approached me. "Greyhams." He said. "Yes sir?" I looked at him as my eyes widen. "After class, you go to the principal's office." Professor Miller said. "But why?" I asked. "It was about the incident that happened to you about a week ago. We called your parents, they'll be here later." Professor explain. I nodded. "Okay" I looked down at the floor, I felt nervous, I'll be facing with Stephanie and the gang. It's been a while since I talked to them. "Are you alright Julianna?" Mary asked, her face looked worried. I forced myself to smile at her. "I'm fine Mary." I said to her. "Good luck for later." Mary said. I smiled.

Class started about three hours ago. "We will have an English Contest a month from now." Professor Taylor said. "Today, we are going to write some essay. You can write of anything you think of. Your life, mood, emotions, current status and everything. At the end of the period, I am going to collect your papers and check them. Tomorrow or the next day, I'll be announcing the students who'll be in the English Contest. Understand?" Professor Taylor explained. The class went silent is if they were thinking of what to write in their essays. A man behind me tapped me. "What are you going to write about?" David whispered. "I think a nerd's life or maybe my current mood. How about yours?" I asked. "I'm going to write about this girl who I think I love." David said as his voice went shallow. I stared at him and he stared at me back. "Get your journal notes and start writing." Professor Taylor said. We all took our journal notes and started writing. I'm thinking, who David referred? Who is this girl he likes? I can't help thinking and be interested on who this girl is. Okay, focus Julianna. Write the best essay ever okay? I started writing about confusion, then gone with being unwanted, being left out. I wrote about the negative stuff I feel about myself. At the end of my essay, I try to convince the reader of my essay to never be hard on yourself.

"Pass your journal notes." Professor Taylor called. Good thing I finished my journal. I stood up and gave to Ma'am my essay. David followed. "So, may I know what did you wrote on your essay?" I said to David. He looked at me. "You'll know in the right time Julianna." David smiled. "Huh?" I was confused. "Anyways, see you later Julianna!" David said as he waved at me and walked away. "Julianna, let's go to the front garden!" Kathy said as she shouted and walked with our friends. "Alright, let's go." I said. Kathy, Mary, Linda, Sandra, Jessica, Kim, Shirley, Jason, Steven, Matthew, Zack, Justin and I walked towards the front school garden. As we arrived, we sat down and chill. "So, ho did you guys do your essay?" Sandra said. "Mine was horrible, since professor said to put anything, I wrote about zombies eating brains of a human and some bendy straws" Jason said. We all laughed. "Mine is about fashion, my dreams to become a hot model" Jessica said as she looked up on the sky. "Never happening." Matthew said. "You're so mean." Jessica said at him. We all laughed. Jessica here, she's fat but cute. I bet if she reduces weight, she'll be sexy, hot and beautiful. "I believe you can reach that dream Jessica." I said. "Ugh, thanks Julianna. Good thing you're nice unlike Matthew here!" Jessica said as she punched Matthew on the shoulder. "Funny, anyone else wants to share about their essays?" Sandra reminded. "Mine was all about fairy princesses turned into a frog and never turned back." Zack said. "Ew dude, you're gay." Jason said. "What the hell man, I can't think of anything. And I hate the fact how only the prince or the man turns into a frog, women should too!" Zack explained. "Well you know what? Fuck you." Jessica giggled as she glanced at Zack. "Mine was about technology and more." Sandra said. "Nerd stuff." Justin said. "Don't tell this to everyone okay guys?" Kathy said. "What?" Justin said. Kathy acted to come closer and gather around. "My essay was about Julianna's older brother Harry." Kathy whispered. We all laughed out loud. "Damn, Kathy." I said while I laugh. 

My friends and I walked on the hallway. "Greyhams, come to the principal's office. Your parents are here." Professor Miller said. "Okay, I'll go just tell them to wait a sec." I said. Professor nodded and walked away. I breathe. "Want us to come with you buddy?" Justin said. "We'll wait for you if you want." Kimberly said. "I'm fine guys, it's just that I do feel nervous." I said to them. "This is what we seek Julianna, justice for your humiliation." Kathy said. "I know but still." I tried to explain. "We'll wait for you okay?" Kathy insisted. "My parents are there, it's okay." I forced smile. "Okay, we'll see you tomorrow then." Zack said. "Yeah guys, go home. It is getting dark." I said to them. They all nodded. "Good luck Julianna" Jessica said. "Good luck on that face off girl!" Jason said. "Kick them in the ass." Shirley said. "Good luck Julianna." Kathy said. They all walked away, I waved at them.

I walked all alone towards the principal's office. The hallway was half dark. I looked down while I walked then I suddenly bumped into somebody. The person held my arms so that I want slip. I looked up the person and it was David. "It's getting dark. What are you doing here?" He asked. "I'm going to the principal's office David. They're waiting for me." I explained. "For what?" David asked. "For the incident that happened to me a week ago." I answered. "Then, I shall come with you. I'm the witness remember?" David insisted. "No, my parents are there." I said. "Are you sure?" David asked as he looked concerned. "I am sure okay?" I said. David nodded. "Go home." I said as I walked away. David ran towards me and hugged me from behind. My eyes widen, I was shocked. His mouth was by my left ear. "Good luck, take care of yourself." David whispered. "I.. I will." I said as my voice cracked. David let go and walked away. That was weird.

I walked in the principal's office. "You're here Ms.Greyhams, grab a seat." The principal said. "Good afternoon." I greeted as I sat by my parents. Stephanie and the gang looked at me fiercely. "Let's start this meeting." The principal said. "Are you guys enemies?" Principal asked. "No." I said. "Yes." The gang said. The principal's face looked confused. "Okay, let me ask this group why you did that pie and flour throwing at Ms.Greyhams." The principal said. Stephanie stood up. "She disrespected me!" She shouted. "Yes, she thinks that she's better than us!" Jennifer said. I looked down at the table. "Sit down, no body shouts in here." Principal said. Stephanie sat down. "First of all, no students is higher than a student, no student is a leader of all students." Principal explain. "Honestly ma'am, Stephanie said that she's the most famous girl here in school and I must not mess with her. But ma'am I did not mess with her, I only said excuse me when she was on my way. It happened way back at the first day of school. And I did not know that it was a big deal to her until she told me." I explained. "Is this true Ms.Parker?" Principal asked. Stephanie looked down and glanced at me. "Very well, this group of Ms.Parker will have a punishment for what they did." The principal said to our parents. The gang's parents are also here. "But ma'am!" Stephanie objected. "No butts Ms.Parker. Rules are rules." The principal confirmed. "You will clean the whole school cafeteria and school gym for the rest of the month." Principal continued. "This is your fault Julianna, if I haven't met you, my life won't be miserable!" Stephanie said as she stood up and walked out of the office. "Don't worry Ms.Greyhams, we will also put a security on you for a month. You may now go home." The principal said. "Thank you ma'am." I smiled at her. She smiled back. Me and my parents walked out from the office. "Are you okay?" Mom asked. "I feel so relieved." I said to them. "Good, Harry is waiting at the Grand Resto." Dad said. "Huh? But why?" I asked. "We are going to eat our dinner there." Dad said. "That's great!" I smiled happily at them.