The New Beginning

Dear Julia, will you be my girl?

My hands were shaking after his last line. The audience were all in the focus in this scene. They might be thinking that this is scripted. I guess this is what the boys have been planning for the wholeday. No wonder they didn't show up earlier today. Oh David, is this true? Is this the day where I get to say...

"David." I said in a low voice. David walked near me and held my chin and let it rise up. A chin up. "Julianna. I'm sorry that I gave you a big shocking experience. That's why I didn't talk or try to avoid you for days because I was planning for this day to come. Wait, avoiding wasn't really my intention. You confessed to me first before this day would come. Julianna, I love you. I've been dying to tell my real feelings for you." David said as he hold the microphone, letting the whole people inside the mini-theater hear our conversation. "You planned.." I said with a confusing tone. "I requested the judges to put me on last because for me, this is a big moment. This is my first time having this kind of feelings for a girl." David smiled. "So Julianna, what is your answer?" He asked.

I looked around. Stephanie and her gang's eyes wide at the scene, my friends holding each other's hands for hoping that I would say yes. My brother's eyes looking focused to David. I can't say no not just because I don't want to fail David, it is because I want to say yes. "David.." I started. David's eyes widen. I walked nearer him and held his cheeks. "Yes." I whispered.

David's face looked surprised. "What?" I asked happily as if he wants to hear it again. "Yes David, I have no disregard of being your girl!" I answered as I smiled to him and the crowd. David's smile were like reaching his ears. "Oh my God!" He said. "Everybody, Julianna said yes!" He shouted without using the microphone to even more express his excitement. Everyone clapped their hands, some shouted because they felt love is in the air. My friends ran on stage and had a group hug with us. "Nice job David." Jason winked. "Thanks for all your help bro." David smiled. "Let all the balloons fall down!" Steven shouted. As he said as it was the signal, balloons from above fell. The whole crowd jumped of excitement and were happy for us.

"Hey." Harry said. I looked at him. Harry put his arms around my shoulder. "Bro, take care of my lil' sister okay?" Harry said. "No problem bro." David smiled. "Congratulations to the both of you." Harry smiled. "Thanks Harry." I smiled. We hugged each other as a sign of siblings supporting together. That's sweet.

"Cheers to the new couples in Eastern High School!"

All clapped their hands for us. David smiled at me and placed his hands around my shoulders. This is my first time having a boyfriend. I must admit, he has a great way of proposing.

"The winners will be announced. All contestants, gather on stage."

As the announcer called, we all fall in line at stage facing to the audience. "Win or loose at this contest, I already won the heart of the girl of my dreams." David whispered. I glanced at him. "Shut up." I smiled. "I love you." He said. I looked at him. "I love you too." I responded. I never thought the feeling is this great!

"The winners are categorized into three: The third placer where is the best in seducing people. Give a hand to Ms. Helen Rodriguez."

The audience clapped their hands. Helen went in front as the judges gave the medal to Helen.

"Second placer where is the best in romantic performance. Give a hand to Mr.David Holt."

The audience cheered and clapped their hands really hard. David went in front and the judges gave him the silver medal.

"First placers. Two of them are tie in scores. The first one is best in poetic sequence and the other one is best in logical thought. Give a hand for Ms.Liza Garcia and to Mr.George Flickers"