Chapter 8 | Trouble

LUKE'S POV

The image of what I saw on Ali's arms, had burned itself into my mind. I just couldn't get my head around it.

It really brought me down, that she feels like she has to do that to herself. But when I kissed her for the second time, again, it felt right. 

I felt relieved when I finally did it last night, she looked so scared and helpless and I wanted to show her that people care, I care. I couldn't possibly say that I've fallen for her in this amount of time, but I can say I like the idea of her, and where she could possibly take me in the future.

ALICE'S POV

I felt myself being lifted, however I was so tired I kept my eyes closed.

I could smell Luke's cologne, that's when I realised I must've fallen asleep in the car, and now his carrying me inside.

I was laid down on what feels like the couch. I felt the area beside me sink, as though someone had just sat down. "I'm worried about her," Luke spoke, his voice low.

"I know man, we may not know her all that well but she's growing on us for sure. And anyone who's grown as close to Liv as she has, is considered our friend," Beau responded.

Suddenly someone started banging on the front door.

"Mum's not coming home until 6, and her car isn't in the driveway?" Luke stated.

"Do you think it's her dad?" I heard Jai speak up.

"I'll check," Beau opted.

I sat up as soon as his voice filled the room.

"Where the hell is my daughter," I heard him spit.

He then came charging into the lounge, his eyes locked on me, before grabbing my arm and pulling me up.

All 3 boys stood there shocked for a second, I was almost scared he was going to murder me right here. "Dad please, not here," I said calmly.

He looked at me for a second, his anger dwelling. I could tell he knew he shouldn't do anything here.

"Get your shit, and come home you've got school tomorrow," he stated before storming out, and slamming the front door in the process.

I didn't bother looking at the boys, I just ran upstairs to get my phone which I'd left here when we left for the beach.

The moment I came back down, Luke wrapped his arms around me causing me to jump, because I wasn't at all expecting it.

"Please don't go," he said, however he knew as well as me, my dad would be back if I didn't.

"You know I have to," I giggled, trying to lighten the mood.

He didn't seem to laugh back though, he just pulled back and stared at me intently.

We stood there for a second, before he softly pushed me into the wall, and smashed his lips against mine. I didn't know what this occasional kissing thing was, but I didn't mind. As usual, my stomach flipped until we pulled away, slightly breathless.

I gave him a quick hug, and smiled and waved at the other two. 

I walked in the front door, and up to my room to put my bag away. I decided to have a shower and wash my hair, since I'd been at the beach today. The hot water felt nice on my skin, I did what I usually do, and got out when steam started to fill the room.

I dried my hair, and slid on some pj pants, and a jumper. I picked up the silver locket my mum gave me for my 17th birthday, and put it around my neck before examining myself in the mirror.

"I miss you mum," I whispered.

I hated how she had to go away for work, a lot of parents just drive to an office or something and return in time for dinner, but my mum leaves the country for however long they need her for.

I walked out of the bathroom and into my room, screaming when I saw my father throwing a punch out of no where.

Unfortunately that wasn't the end of it. He kept punching, kicking, pushing and yelling. Tears were streaming down my face along with blood, I was a mess.

I wanted someone, I wanted Luke. I wanted him to take me into his home, and make me feel like I had someone, I wanted to feel safe.

But he wasn't here.. no one was.

My vision went blurry, then nothing but darkness.