Chapter 9 | To much pain for one day

My eyes opened, and quickly squinted trying to adjust to the light.

I sat up to look out my bedroom window, instantly hissing in pain. I realised it was still dark and my eyes darted to my clock beside my bed which read 1:00am.

Memories from earlier came flooding back, and I started to cry uncontrollably. I hesitantly stood up and walked as fast as I could to my bedroom door, locking it before walking into my bathroom.

I stood there for a moment, staring blankly at the horrid appearance I saw in the mirror. My cheeks were red and tear stained with dried makeup running down them, and my eyes were puffy.

I ran my fingers along all the cuts and bruises, slightly wincing at the pain. I felt so alone, worthless and just disgusting. 

I started to get this itching sensation on my wrist, something I hated. I promised Luke I wouldn't, but, would that promise really mean anything now? It's not like I mean anything to him anyway, right?

I searched threw the draws in my bathroom before pulling out a razor. I stared at it for a moment, before I sat down against the bath. I could barley see anything, there were so many tears. I was so over living like this. I barley got to see my mum, and I was alone with that asshole for most of the time.

I rolled up the sleeves of Beau's jumper, before pressing the blade against my skin. I just kept dragging it across, over and over again, one after another.

I was crying so much that I'd given myself a headache, and I hadn't really noticed how much blood there was. I hesitantly stopped myself from doing anymore damage, I put the razor away and cleaned myself up as best I could.

I felt my eyes getting heavy, I was so tired. I couldn't go to sleep like this though so I thought it'd be best to have a shower. I washed my skin thoroughly, avoiding the fresh cuts. Even though I had only washed my hair earlier after getting home from the beach, I decided to wash it again seeing as it was probably all knotty, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was blood in it.

Drying my hair, I walked over to my bed and wrapped myself in the doona. It felt so nice to be in there, it was warm and safe. After tossing and turning for a while, I finally closed my eyes and drifted off.

~~~~~

LUKE'S POV

Outside during lunch was so loud, to loud. Me, Jai and Beau followed Liv over to the side of the school where it was more quiet.

"Has she picked up yet?" I asked Liv eagerly.

"Hang on, it's ringing," she stated.

"How the fuck has she not picked up? We've rang her about 7 times!" I said back, becoming annoyed.

"Calm down, she could just be sleeping. Don't get so angry," Beau spoke calmly.

I didn't reply. I just looked back at Liv, waiting for her eyes to light up and to start speaking to Alice, but that didn't seem to be happening any time soon.

I was only worried because she didn't come to school today, and she hasn't contacted anyone to say where she is or why she isn't here. I was scared something had happened to her after she went home last night, but Jai and Beau have been reassuring me throughout the day.

ALICE'S POV

I watched as my phone rang for about the 10th time today, along with the constant vibrate from texts.

I just didn't want to answer, I wasn't in the right state of mind to be talking to anybody or to  bother about making up excuses.

It was about 6 at night and I was sitting at the end of my bed in front of my window, I had no motivation whatsoever, so I just stared blankly at the wall.

I jumped when I heard my phone go off, I didn't bother picking it up I just looked at the screen.

Luke: Look.

That's all the text read, the first thing that came to my mind was to obviously look across to his house, and in the twins window.

My heart sank, as I looked across and saw Luke sitting on the end of his bed, it looked as though he was trying to hold back tears, but why was he so distraught over what had happened?

I saw a figure behind him which I then realised was Jai, he seemed to be seated further back on Luke's bed. I focused back on Luke, and watched as he brought his phone up to his ear, I looked down beside me and watched a call come through, with his caller ID on the screen.

I hesitantly answered, putting it to my ear without saying a word.

"Ali are you okay? Look at you," Luke questions from the other end, his voice cracking.

Before I had the chance to reply, he continued.

"Stupid question I know, I'm so sorry I shouldn't have let you go last night," he stuttered.

"Luke, I'm fine and please don't get upset this isn't your fault," I say, sending him a small smile through the window.

"Trust me, his done worse," I laugh but instantly regret my choice of words and mentally slap myself.

He just looked at me blankly, like he didn't know how or what to respond. I then watched as he ran a hand through his curly hair, and muttered something into the phone, he sounded angry.

"Um," he tried to speak, choking on his words.

"Will you be at school tomorrow? I would really like to see you," he hesitantly spoke.

"I'm not sure, I'll text you in the morning. If not I should be there Wednesday," I spoke.

"Good, and you'll call me if you need me right? I'll be right over there," he spoke sternly.

I just replied with a nod.

"Thanks Luke, goodnight," I spoke softly.

"Night Ali," he said sending me a faint smile.

And with that, the phone call ended.

I stood up and looked at Luke, before closing my curtains, and climbing into bed.