Chapter 18

I groan and roll over, wrapping myself in Luke's sheets.

I sit up quickly, realising Luke's not even here. That's when the smell of pancakes make it's way through the slightly open door.

I manage to pull myself up from the bed, and head downstairs. As I enter I see the chair next to Luke and instantly smile as I make my way over to it, taking a seat across from the other boys.

"Morning" Luke's husky morning voice speaks, as he kisses me on the cheek.

I blush slightly, he never fails to make me feel somewhat nervous or giddy.

"Awh, and what are you two love birds up to today?" Gina questions, taking a seat.

"Not sure yet, probably a romantic date at McDonalds" Luke grins at his genius idea.

I laugh at his statement before I notice Beau looking at us intently.

"Wait, are you guys together? Like together together? He asks rather quickly.

I feel a little awkward, and just use my fork to fiddle with my food allowing Luke to answer.

"Yeah, asked her last night" He says casually.

Beau doesn't reply after that, but Jai keeps looking at me and him.

After I finish I walk upstairs to take a shower, it doesn't take me long as I only had to wash over my body.

I step out and wrap a fluffy warm towel around my body. As I open the bathroom door to head to the twins room Beau barges in grabbing my arm in the process, nearly making the towel fall off my body.

I quickly pull out of his grip and hold the towel up as he closes the door, I think I knew what was happening and this was a conversation I wanted to avoid.

"Jesus Beau!" I say, still cautious the towel will somehow fall off and make this situation more awkward then it already is.

"Did it even mean anything to you?" He asks, taking me by surprise.

"Did what mean anything to me?" I reply, okay I was acting dumb but I really didn't want to talk about this.

"Don't play games with me, did the kiss mean anything?" He slightly raised his voice, but I could tell he was trying to keep his cool.

"I- um, look Beau it did at the time but maybe it was because I was frustrated with Luke, and that doesn't mean I used you or anything, you kissed me remember. I thought you'd still only see me as like a really close friend" I breathed out.

"No why would I kiss you then still see you the same? It's not like you came onto me first!" He states.

"How could you just get together with Luke after that?"

"Beau, I had a thing for Luke way before the kiss and what do you mean? The kiss was over 2 weeks ago and we hadn't even spoken about it so how was I suppose to know you felt something, I didn't intentionally set out to hurt you here!" I was getting mad, but his acting like I planned this or something? As if I'd want to even hurt Beau or anyone in that way!

"Whatever Ali" He spat, pushing past me leaving me alone to feel horrible.

------------------

It's Saturday night and schools back Monday, and I'm not all that happy about going.

I've been visiting my mum but she hasn't woken up which I've been down about lately. The police wanted to put me in protective custody until my dads found, but I refused.

Yeah I'm scared for my safety, but I wouldn't be able to see the boys or anyone for a while if I chose to go and I need to be around them.

Although me and Beau haven't said a word to each other and it's been 5 days. To be quite honest, I miss him.

I'm dragged out of my thoughts when I hear someone knock on my front door, I have a slight uneasy feeling as it's starting to get dark out but it could just be one of the boys.

I walk to the front door and open it slightly but no ones there, I grow more confused as I hear someone laugh from my garden and they're talking to someone but I can't hear anyone else?

I walk out and am completely stunned to see Joey standing there so casually, smiling at me sweetly as he continues speaking to someone on the phone.

"Well I just thought you should know, I mean I'd want to know if my girl moved on to someone else" He stated, to whoever was on the other end.

"Joey?" I questioned, usually I'd be running for the hills if I saw him especially after our last encounter but he seemed so chilled right now, almost as if we'd never even had bad history.

"Coming Al" He smiled, "Gotta go man, I just got to hers now and sorry again" He said, as he ended the call.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as he walks over to me and stands there casually.

"Shh, just play along" He whispers, and cups my cheeks while locking our lips before I even had a chance to reply. Play along with what? And why the hell is he kissing me?

I quickly pull back and look at him with disgust.

"I have a boyfriend Joey!" I say sternly.

"Not anymore you don't" He replies, smirking like crazy.

"What?" I question, as Joey jerks his head to the side like he wants me to look in that direction.

I look over towards the street and see Luke standing outside Beau's car as if they had just pulled up because Jai and Beau were beside him. The expressions on their face, pure shock. While Luke? I couldn't make out his expression, it was cold, and full of pain.

What have I done?

Wait no, what has Joey done?

I watch as Luke storms inside his house with Jai and Beau following close behind and just like that, they're gone.

"What the fuck was that!" I spat at Joey, pushing him back slightly.

"Things happen when people mess with me Al" He smirks.

I don't reply, I just push past him and head straight towards the Brooks house.

"Good luck princess, with his short temper you'll need it!" Joey shouts from behind me.

I ignore his comment, along with the tears that are threatening to fall. I can't loose Luke, not now. Not ever.