Chapter 15 | She's back

BEAU'S POV

I feel a pang of jealousy hit after Luke and Ali kissed. I know I can't have feelings for her but I do, and I can't help it.
Did she feel anything during the kiss? I need to find out before I try to let these feelings go. Someone knocked on my door lightly, "Come in," I shout, continuing to go through Twitter.

I feel someone sit on the end of my bed so I close my laptop slightly to reveal Jai.
"What's up?" I ask, putting the laptop to the side.
"You tell me," he shrugs.
"What?" I question, slightly confused by his answer.
"Did you feel anything when you kissed her?" The words rolled right off his tongue, and I just sat there incapable of answering.

Should I tell him? Can I trust Jai?
"You can trust me Beau, I won't tell," Jai speaks up, like he knew exactly what I was thinking.
"Fine yeah I did, but I'm just going to have to try get over it aren't I.
I don't want to piss Luke off, by making the girl his clearly crazy about choose," I sighed.

"Look I'm not saying that potentially liking the girl your brother is practically in love with will be an easy thing to overcome, but it will get better over time I promise," Jai smiled, patting me on the back.
I smiled and lazily slung my arms around his neck, forcing him into a hug which I could immediately tell he wanted no part in.

"Beau, Jai come downstairs!" Luke shouted.

ALICE'S POV

Beau and Jai joined me and Luke downstairs moments later.
"What's going on?" Jai questioned, looking at the bag rested over my shoulder.
"My mum just texted, she's coming home today!" I exclaimed, I was overwhelmed with excitement. Seeing my mum was exactly what I needed, I missed her way to much.

"Shit really! This is great, I know you've been missing her Al," Beau smiled.
"And our mum is coming back from Brisbane on Saturday she'll love you, you're defiantly coming to meet her!" Luke grinned. I laughed at his eagerness, "I'd love to meet her," I smiled.

-----------------

It was the following day, my mum and I had spent the whole night together last night, I was in a great mood for once. Although dad forced me to make dinner for everyone because 'mum was to tired' I mean, she was tired so I had no problem with helping out it's just that she thought I had offered to make dinner, and was completely oblivious to the fact that my dad basically threatened me if I didn't.
It was weird being away from the boys, but I think some time apart was good. Dad hasn't said one thing about me not coming home for about a week, and I think that's why I'm so frightened.

I feel like I have to be alert at all times, and around mum as much as possible. I know for sure his probably dying to lay his hands on me for leaving the way I did. It was about 5pm when my dad left for the pub, he didn't care say good-bye he just left. I took this as an opportunity to introduce mum to the boys, because dad would no doubt pass out there and won't be home until tomorrow.

I grabbed my phone and texted Luke.

Al x
Luke, I want you boys to meet my mum, dad's gone out for the night xx

I locked my phone but instantly got a reply.

Luke x
Sounds good, we'll be over in 5 xx

I shouted from my room that the boys were coming over in the hopes that my mum would hear me, before changing since I've been in these pj's all day. I pulled on Luke's jumper that I wore home yesterday, it came mid thigh so I didn't bother with sweat pants.
I almost tore my room apart looking for my light pink fluffy bed socks, which turned out to be under my doona. I pulled them on and skipped downstairs after hearing the doorbell, my hair swaying back and forth over my hips.