Part 9

It was 2 in the morning, the sky was dark, illuminated only by the dim moonlight peeking through the clouds, a squad of at least 50 G.U.N agents and Swatbots hiding in the shadows of a seemingly normal suburban neighbourhood. Their target? A little white house at the end of the last lane on the right nestled amongst the dozens of other homes in the suburb, surrounded by a white picket fence. On the outside, it seemed very normal, but the inside was anything but normal.

Shadow The Hedgehog, the ultimate lifeform was waiting in the shadows, illuminated only by pale moonlight and waiting on the signal to pounce on his target. He carefully crept around on the roof, climbing up so that he was perching on the entrance to the chimney. The Swatbots had surrounded the house with G.U.N agents at both the front and the back doors and Swatbots at either side of the house. A G.U.N commander snuck up to the front door, everyone tensed as the commander scanned the inside of the home from the front door window. The commander waved his hand back and forth three times, signaling for the invasion to start, the Swatbots kicked down both the front and back doors simultaneously, both G.U.N agents and Swatbots swarmed the house while Shadow used Chaos Control to teleport down the chimney and landed in the living room.

The house was pretty small on the inside, a living room connected to a kitchen, a bathroom and one small bedroom. There were about 30 A.A.C agents crammed inside the house, most of them were either in the living room or in the bedroom sleeping off a hangover brought on by an intense night of partying. Most of the A.A.C agents were semi hungover so capturing them was easy and the few that weren't hungover were caught off guard by Shadow quickly spin dashing them into walls or into the arms of Swatbots ready to detain them. Shadow had just handed over an A.A.C agent to two G.U.N agents, when out of the corner of his eye he saw two shadowy figures quickly sneaking into the bathroom.

"Hey!" "Stop right there!" Shadow snarled as he rushed into the bathroom to see two A.A.C agents trying to climb out of the bathroom window, "Two going out the window!" Shadow yelled as he tried to stop them from escaping, one of them has already climbed out the window and was helping the second agent climb through the window. Shadow grabbed the second agent by the ankles and yanked the second agent backwards into the bathroom as hard as he could, Shadow suddenly felt a sharp pain in his arm which forced him to release the second agent's ankles as he fell to the ground. Shadow looked down to see a spike sticking out of his left shoulder, the second agent must've hidden the spike in the heel of his shoe and stabbed Shadow with it. Shadow gritted his teeth, pulled the spike out of his shoulder and used Chaos Control to teleport out of the bathroom and to the side of the house where the two agents were all in one swift motion.

Both froze up for a moment upon seeing Shadow before the first agent pulled something out of his pocket, Shadow wasted no time rushing forward while the two agents tried to escape into the backyard. "Shoot the little bastard!" The second agent yelled, the first agent whipped around and pulled something out of his pants pocket, which turned about to be a gun and starting wildly firing at Shadow, Shadow ran forward without even flinching as since he was the ultimate lifeform, the bullets bounced off his skin like as if they were made of foam. Shadow tackled the second agent, pinning him to the ground and forcing his hands behind his back. "Argh, get him off!" "Get him off!" The second agent whined to no avail as the first agent promptly abandoned his partner in crime, making a mad dash for the end of the backyard so he could hop the fence and make a break for it. The first agent was halfway to the end of the backyard when two G.U.N agents rushed out in front of the first agent with their guns drawn. "Drop your weapon and put your hands in the air!" One G.U.N agent shouted, the first agent reluctantly let the gun fall from his hands and onto the ground and put his hands up in the air, being quickly detained by the two G.U.N agents without a fight.

The second agent wriggled and kicked, constantly trying to break free from Shadow's grasp but Shadow held firm. "Stop resisting." "You aren't getting away." Shadow warned, his voice monotone but stern at the same time, yet the shorter agent kept squirming. "Ugh, damn you alien sympathizers!" "We're doing Earth a favor but you idiots have to ruin all our fun!" The second agent snapped at Shadow but Shadow didn't respond, as if on cue two Swatbots came over to him, Shadow got off the second agent and allowed the two Swatbots to grab the second A.A.C agent, "WE WILL RELIEVE YOU OF YOUR DUTIES NOW." "THE G.U.N COMMANDER REQUESTS YOUR PRESENCE." One Swatbot said, Shadow nodded and left the second A.A.C agent to the two Swatbots and ran over to the G.U.N commander who was expecting him. "Commander, you wanted to see me?" Shadow asked, "Shadow, there you are!" "Thank you for helping us apprend these A.A.C agents, it means a lot of everyone." The commander said, putting an appreciative hand on Shadow's shoulder, "I just wanted to tell you to keep your phone close, I'll be giving you a call later regarding some new information regarding this mass arrest." The G.U.N commander continued, taking his hand off of Shadows shoulder. "Thank you commander." "I'll keep my ears open." Shadow said, before the commander walked away to help two G.U.N agents deal with a couple unruly A.A.C agents.