Part 10

Metal Sonic and Eggman walked through the G.U.N headquarters on their way to a G.U.N officials office for a meeting with Shadow and Rouge. Metal Sonic was staying close to the doctor, looking at the tech lining the walls and the various G.U.N agents with a childlike fascination, while Eggman was all business and stared straight ahead.

The two turned a corner and went into the G.U.N officials office they were supposed to be in, the G.U.N official, Shadow and Rouge were already there. The G.U.N official was sitting behind the desk while Shadow and Rouge stood to the side of the desk. "Doctor Robotnik, Metal Sonic, first off I would like to thank you both for your time and assistance." "Your cooperation has proved to be priceless in this situation." The G.U.N official said, "Thank you sir, it's nice to know our efforts have not gone unnoticed." Eggman said as the G.U.N official stood up from his chair.

"We interrogated the 30 A.A.C agents that were arrested yesterday, most of them had no information on what happened to Sonic or possibly working with the President, but the two A.A.C agents that Shadow detained just so happened to be the same two agents that kidnapped Sonic." The G.U.N official continued, stepping out from behind the desk. "At first, they wouldn't talk." "But after we told them all the charges they would be facing, they decided that if they were going down they would drag the President down with them." "Apparently The President had been holding off several months of paychecks to the two agents that kidnapped Sonic, that's why they were so eager to rat The President out." The G.U.N official said, at this point Eggman spoke up, "What did they tell you?" Eggman asked. The G.U.N official motioned to Rouge who stepped forward.

"They told us that dealings with the President and their bosses went back at least a year and at first it was a simple enough exchange, The President would leave the A.A.C alone and the A.A.C. would give The President some desperately needed funding." "But once Sonic came into the picture about 6 months ago and started helping humans out, that's when The President and the A.A.C truly collaborated, the two A.A.C agents were introduced to The President about a week before Sonic was kidnapped, The President gave them orders to make Sonic suffer but not kill him, they planned everything out scarily well." Rouge explained, "So, what will it take to nail The President with a prison sentence for what's he's done?" Eggman asked, "We have a substantial amount of evidence right now to put him in prison, but with his power and connections if we try and convict him right now it likely won't amount to anything more then a slap on the wrist." Rouge explained.

"So, what are you suggesting?" Eggman asked, "We need to go to Earth to collect more evidence and we need Sonic to testify against The President." "It's the only way to make sure that The Present is truly punished for his crimes." The G.U.N official said, walking out from behind his desk and to the center of the room, "Shadow, Rouge, Doctor Robotnik, Metal Sonic, I need at least one or two of you to convince Sonic to go to Earth and testify against The President, I don't know when a departure to Earth will become available, so it'll be better to get an answer as soon as possible rather then wait until the last minute." "Agreed?" The G.U.N official stated. Everyone agreed, everyone now knew what they had to do, the clock was ticking and action needed to be taken as quickly as possible.

*The next day*

Sonic and Tails were relaxing at their house, they were sitting in the living room talking and watching TV when a knock at the door surprised both of them. Sonic and Tails both exchanged a look of confusion, they weren't expecting anyone, who could that be? Tails got up to answer the door while Sonic stayed glued to the couch, paralyzed with paranoia and unease.

Sonic felt a rush fear of fear silently washing over him, it was just like in his nightmares. An unexpected knock at the door or strange noises in the middle of the night luring him close and then doors being kicked in, searchlights piercing right through him and making it impossible to hide, then either being pinned to a wall or to the ground and being killed in cold blood or being dragged out of the house kicking and screaming and being put right back to the hell he'd narrowly escaped from.

Sonic could already feel himself start to tremble as Tails opened the door and stepped out into the open, "Hi Sonic!" Amy chirped happily as she and Tails stepped into the house, Tails closing the door behind him and the pink hedgehog. Sonic felt the paranoia melt away almost instantly as soon as he saw it was just Amy, "Hey Ames!" Sonic replied, a smile on his face. Amy was holding a box neatly wrapped up in gift wrap in her arms, she sat down on the couch next to Sonic, Tails with down next to her. Amy placed the gift in Sonic's lap, "What is it?" Sonic asked, already unwrapping the present. "It's a surprise, open it and find out!" Amy giggled, Sonic unwrapped the present and opened the box to see a ruby red shawl, with a small golden clip in the shape of a triangle that firmly held the shawl around someone's shoulders.

"I know it must make you uncomfortable when people stare at you, so while I can't stop them staring, I can help you cover up your scars so hopefully people don't stare as much." Amy explained, Sonic reached down and picked up the shawl, it was a bit difficult to do with only one arm but after a few tries he succeeded in wrapping it around his shoulders, the shawl went down to his waist and fit snugly around his body, it was even fluffy on the inside. Sonic looked up at Amy, a grateful smile on his face, "Thanks you Amy, it means a lot." Sonic reached over and hugged Amy, Amy hugged back without hesitation, Tails scooting up behind Sonic to hug the blue blur from behind.