Part 4

Zavok POV:

Zavok and Zazz walked down the hallway of the Emperor Egg-Ship, being led by Metal Sonic, they were being led to wherever Sonic was being kept. The last time Zavok had interacted with Sonic, Sonic was trying to drown by throwing himself over a boat and into the ocean so Zavok was...he wouldn't say excited but he was definitely interested to see Sonic's condition after being taken into Eggman's care. "Are we almost there?" Zazz whined, getting grumpy from walking for so long. Zavok was starting to get annoyed as well, not from walking but from the whispers in the back of his head that kept ringing out: "What if they're trying to trick you?" Zavok pushed those thoughts down and into the corners of his mind, Eggman was insane and lived for chaos, but even he knew better then to test Zavok's patience and risk getting his ass kicked again, and Zavok was more then happy to tear Eggman and all of his precious robots to shreds if it benefited him or his pack.

"I promise you, were almost there." Metal Sonic firmly replied, he was in front of the two Zeti's, keeping a considerable distance away from them as well as refusing to turn his head around to make eye contact with ethier of them. Zavok assumed it was due to a fear Metal Sonic had picked up after his previous defeats at the hands of The Deadly Six. A rightful and reasonable fear considering the threat that just Zavok himself posed to the puny robotic copy.

The three finally came to a mechanical door, Metal Sonic pressed a few buttons on the wall on a keypad next to the door before the door slid open. The light from the hallway illuminated a small, cozy looking bedroom, a small figure curled up in blankets with his back turned to the door, small snores coming from the figure as it stirred somewhat as a reaction to the light from the hallway, but did not awaken. "Just be careful and gentle, okay?" "He's still sleeping." Metal Sonic warned, both Zeti's nodded in unspoken agreement before proceeding. Zavok entered first, checking the room for potential dangers before letting Zazz inside the room. The lights above them flickered to life, although quite dim, Zavok assumed it was intentional on Metal Sonic's part.

Zazz was the first to approach the figure, who was unsurprisingly, Sonic. Sonic yawned softly, rolling over to face the purple beast, although Sonic still remained asleep. Zazz reached out his hand, placing the top of his hand on top of Sonic's head, his hand was right in-between Sonic's ears. Sonic stirred slightly but didn't wake, his ears flicking for a few seconds before stopping, "He's out of it Zav, totally asleep." Zazz whispered, not taking his bewildered eye's off of the blue exhausted hedgehog, Zavok stepped up, standing next to Zazz. Sonic started squirming around softly, kicking in his sleep, started to whimper and mumble incoherently. Zazz took his hand away from Sonic's head as Zavok stepped in front of Zazz, the leader Zeti took ahold of Sonic's shoulder and gently shook Sonic, trying to ease him awake. "Hedgehog?" "Are you alright?" Zavok whispered, but Sonic's kicking got worse, Sonic's whimpering and rambling, Zavok was actually able to make out some of what Sonic was saying. "Mmmmgh...no...no no no no...stay...please no..." Sonic mumbled sleepily, his head thrashing around in his sleep.

"Robot?" Zazz asked, turning to face Metal Sonic, who was still standing by the door. "I suggest you step back and don't touch him, he might be having a nightmare." "He had a few night terrors while he was out, but he always stayed asleep." Metal Sonic explained, Zavok and Zazz stepped away from Metal Sonic, Zavok staying in front of Zazz to protect him in case anything happened. "Hedgehog, your dreaming." "I don't know what your going through but it's not real, wake up." Zavok said, loud enough for Sonic to hear him but not loud enough to be yelling.

"No...no...no don't hurt me...I don't...I won't tell you anything...stay back...stay back..." Sonic mumbled again, his voice getting slightly louder, whimpering more and his whimpering getting louder, tears pricking at his eyes. "Please...please no...not again...don't hurt me again..." Sonic whimpered, tears now streaming down his cheeks now. "Can't you do something to wake him up?" Zavok asked, not taking his eyes off Sonic, "There's nothing I can do, touching him in this state will trigger his brain into activating a defensive panic response and make his hysteria worse." Metal Sonic said, "Translation to English?" Zazz snapped, Metal Sonic sighed before repeated what he said in a more simple way, "If you touch him when he's like this, he'll think he's being attacked and it'll make his nightmare worse." Metal Sonic explained, starting to make his way over to Sonic while keeping a considerable distance away from the two Zeti's, Sonic started to flail, kicking as tears streamed down his face like a waterfall with more tears bunching up at his eyelids.

"Don't don't don't don't...don't throw me...don't hit me...don't cut me..." "No...no...no!" "NAAAAGH!" Sonic shot up in the bed, tears falling from his eyes as he awoke with a shout, breathing heavily. Metal Sonic rushed over to Sonic, wrapping him up in a hug and holding him tight, rubbing his back in a soothing way while Sonic buried his face into Metal's neck, sobbing and shaking.

The two Zeti's exchanged a look of concern, they knew now more then ever that they couldn't leave Sonic to his own devices, as least not until Sonic had calmed down.

**********

After a few minutes Sonic had calmed down from his nightmare. He was still shaking slightly and wasn't really talking all that much, which was concerning considering normally Sonic never shut up. Sonic was sitting on the bed, Metal Sonic was sitting next to him while Zavok and Zazz stood off to the side of the bed, quietly talking amongst themselves. "Are you okay?" Metal Sonic asked softly, "Yeah...I'm good now Metal." Sonic said, before finally turned his attention to Zavok and Zazz. "You guys you saved me." "First by not letting me drown and now...did you guys scare Eggman into helping me?" "Ether way thanks for the help." Sonic said.

Sonic could've sworn he heard Zavok chuckle softly, "No, we didn't imitate the doctor." "He chose to help you on his own, we stuck around because you didn't deserve to die in the state that you were in." "You deserve an honorable death, at old age surrounded by friends and family." "Not...not..." Zavok sighed, his voice trailing off. Sonic couldn't help but grin, the thought of the big bad Zavok getting all sentimental over him was pretty entertaining. "Aw, you care about wittle old me?~" Sonic asked teasingly, Zavok scoffed at Sonic. "Don't push your luck hedgehog." Zavok snipped at Sonic, "I plan to keep in contact with the doctor, we're leaving." Zavok said, turning to the door. "See you later, blue hero." Zavok said before he and Zazz exited the room.

SONIC POV:

Metal Sonic and Sonic were left alone in the room, Metal Sonic turned to Sonic, "So...how are you coping with all this?" Metal Sonic asked, "I...I think I'll be okay." Sonic said, and he meant it too. He just hoped this peace would last.