Part 13

It was about an hour after Sonic, Eggman, Rouge and Shadow had landed on Earth. Sonic had finished unpacking his stuff and was resting in his hotel room, sitting on his bed and aimlessly flipping through TV channels. Sonic couldn't help but feel uneasy, even though he was in a secure hotel that was protected by an elite military force, he still felt unsafe. But then again how could he feel safe in a place where so much bad stuff had happened to him?

A knock at the door snapped Sonic out of his thoughts, Sonic got up from the bed and walked over to the door, he looked through the peephole to check and see how it was, Shadow was standing on the other side of the door. Sonic opened the door for the black and red hedgehog and allowed him to walk into the hotel room, closing the door behind Shadow. "Hey Shadow, what's up?" Sonic asked, "Not much Sonic, I just wanted to let you know that we'd be going to a meeting with a small council of high standing government officials to see what they can do to help you out against The President." Shadow explained, "Alright, sounds good." Sonic said hesitantly. "Also, there's a bunch of reporters downstairs in the lobby, they might try and take pictures of you, so be careful." Shadow warned, Sonic gulped nervously, fiddling with the gold pin that held his shawl together.

The thought of people taking pictures of him and doing whatever they wanted with the unwanted pictures made him extremely uncomfortable. "Can't we wait until the reporters leave?" Sonic asked nervously, Shadow shook his head solemnly, "I'm afraid not, it'd be best if we go now before the reporters get more rambunctious." Shadow said, he clearly didn't want to do anything that would make Sonic uncomfortable but they both knew they didn't have any choice. Sonic sighed deeply, "Okay, let's just go." Sonic grumbled defeatedly and the two left the hotel room and walked over to the hotel elevator that would take them to the lobby, Rouge, Eggman and four G.U.N agents were already there and waiting for him. They all went downstairs to the hotel lobby, the four G.U.N agents forming a circle around Sonic, Shadow, Rouge and Eggman as they left the elevator and started walking through the lobby to a taxi that would take them to where they needed to go.

The lobby was swarming with reporters, it was like piranhas in a feeding frenzy. Cameras with bright lights were flashing like crazy and microphones were being thrust towards the ground, the sound of overlapping questions filling the room, every reporter practically yelling over each other in an attempt to make themselves heard. Sonic squinted against the bright flashing lights, the lights were hurting his eyes, Sonic put a hand up to shield his eyes from the bright lights, trying to hide behind Shadow. Shadow took notice of this, but he didn't say anything, instead Shadow simply stood in front of Sonic to help him hide from the bright flashing lights.

It felt like an eternity but the group finally got out of the lobby and into the crisp afternoon air, Rouge and Shadow got into the taxi first, Sonic was about to get into the taxi when someone grabbed him by the back of his head, yanking him backwards so abruptly and roughly that Sonic thought that the quills on the back of his head would be pulled off. Sonic was almost pulled off his feet, putting his hands behind his head to try and wrestle whoever was grabbing him but before he could Sonic was grabbed by the front of his red shawl and dragged backwards, a camera being unceremoniously shoved into his face and bright flashing lights in quick succession overwhelming his vision.

A G.U.N agent quickly intervened, throwing themselves in-between Sonic and the reporter, staying behind to buy the group time while the reporter threw a fit and argued with the G.U.N agent. Flashing spots infested Sonic's vision, making it near impossible to see where he was going. Sonic was silently panicking, he didn't know where to go and was terrified of being jumped by any more reporters, "Sonic!" Eggman's voice stood out from the sea of unfamiliar voices, A pair of large hands gently but firmly grabbing ahold of Sonic's arm and pulled him away from the flashing lights and reporters, Sonic was panicking because he didn't know who was grabbing him until he saw who it was, through his spotty vision Sonic was able to make out Eggman, who was leading him away from the chaos. "It's okay, I've got you, I've got you." Eggman coaxed, trying to keep Sonic calm in the chaotic lobby. Eggman helped Sonic into the taxi before getting in himself, shutting the door as he got into the car, as soon as Eggman got into the taxi the vehicle roared to life, quickly speeding away from the sea of erratic reporters.