{6} Brainstorm

New chapter again!!! Finally getting back to business. I'm sorry for the long time between updates, but I had a bit of writers block AND homework. For those of you at school know what I'm talking about. I just feel like mentioning that you should go over to IndiStanley's page, and read her stuff. She's really nice, and awesome as well. 

COMMENT AND READ ON!!!

****

RAYNE POV

Indi follows us up the path leading back topside. 

Her and Max, her symbol (the wolf), have been sent by Indi's Dad to go with us. The Undersiders believe for some reason that wherever we go, things happen. 

I don’t know why. 

"Wow, I haven't been topside since I was sixteen!" She exclaims as we top the long path leading back from the caves. 

"Why?" Blythe asks from the floor. She's turned back into her cat form, I think she prefers it. And (just between me and you) I prefer her as a cat as well. 

"Well, we all go out to find our symbols, and it's fairly easy. But once you go back underside, you don't get another chance unless they send you topside on a Macca's run." She grins and scratches behind Max's ear. 

Rory looks at her, "You know guys, I'm jealous of you." She states simply. Leading us over to the bus station across the road. 

Indi's brow furrows, "Why?" 

I'm just wondering the same thing.

Rory sighs, "Well, you guys both have animals that know you so well. Rayne, Blythe's not your symbol, but she's your best friend. And Indi, Max and you seem joined at the hip. I just wish I had an animal like that. My symbol is fire, and look what it did to me." She waves her arms around, displaying some bandages. 

When her shoulders slump, and her hand goes to her lower back, I know she's thinking of the excessive burn running up her spine. 

I bump her and grin. "You never know what could happen." I tell her and then look at Indi, "So I don't quite understand why you're coming with us." 

Rory smiles slightly at the topic-change. 

Indi shrugs, "i don't really know either. And I can't enroll in school with you; I'm nineteen so I don't quite understand what Dad meant when he told me to go with you." 

"Fair enough." Blythe answers from the floor, fixing the oncoming bus with an icy stare. 

There is a no animals allowed sign stuck to the front. 

Rory bursts out laughing. "I could just call Pat for a ride; he's got the biggest car. And he won't ask questions if Indi flirts with him." 

Indi thinks for a minute, fingering her chin. "Is he tall?

"He's 6.2." 

"Hair colour?"

"Dark brownish?"

"Eye colour?"

"Dark brownish?" 

I try to hide my uncontrollable giggles at this conversation. 

Indi pauses, "Is he hot?" 

Rory stares at her with wide eyes, "Dude, that's my brother." 

*****

The awkward silence stretches on forever; I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it even started talking.