{13} Kiara

Hey guys, new chapter, and I gotta say that it’s a bit of a nothing  chapter.

This chapter is dedicated to MusicIsMySoul, because 1; she’s amazingly awesome at writing (check out her stories, she’s really good!) and 2; because she came up with the names for both planets: Rayne’s home planet is Siere and the cousin planet is named Kiara. I like them, they’re pretty cool.

READ ON!!

***

RAYNE POV

The pod is small, and Blythe is already hyperventilating.

The reason Blythe hated my bike was because she hated fast speeds and enclosed spaces. This pod –the one taking us across to our cousin planet- is the epitome of her fear. She desperately tries to make herself smaller in my arms; her whiskers quivering like a puppy in winter.

Rowan marches towards us, herding Rory; who is crying and laughing and she grips Hugo’s hand so tight that her fingers are going red.

“And if anything happens, I will bust out some ninja moves and come get you.”

She giggles, and wipes her nose and sniffs in a very unladylike fashion.

He leans in a whispers something in her ear, and kisses her neck, before turning and walking away, leaving Rory so shocked that she has frozen mid laugh.

My brow furrows, what did he say?

I put a hand on her shoulder, “what is it?”

She recovers quickly, giving me a small smile, but her eyes are still shocked.

“Nothing. Let’s get this shit done. Then I can go play Laser-tag.”

I give her a doubtful look, but leave it alone.

Rowan holds us at attention in a line; I’m still clutching Blythe tightly, she thinks that if I let go she will fall apart, and my backpack is nestled in between my shoulders. Everything is in order.

All that is left is for us to go.

We board the pod; Rory and I strap ourselves into our respective seats, Rowan and Blythe curling up close to each other under a bench.

Takeoff is not nearly as bad as Blythe thought it was going to be, the takeoff is smooth and silent, and the sleek pod shoots at the speed of sound towards space.

“What I don’t understand is why we’re taking a pod.” Rory states from her seat by the window.

“If we took a compass they wouldn’t see it as peace negotiations. Why do you think the pod is white?” I reply, leaning my head back, “Rory what did he say do you? You look like you saw a ghost.”

She sighs, and touches a locket that’s hanging around her neck -it’s silver, carved with tree the swirling blue hues of Neptune’s Cure- I think Hugo gave it too her. “He . . . he said that he loved me.”

“Oh sweetie”, Rowan’s head pops up from her hidey hole, “I always thought he was a keeper.”

 ***

Boredom is what puts me to sleep.

If you see space once you’ve seen it a thousand times.

There is literally nothing but endless blackness dotted with white out here. And I, having traveled on excursions with school to neighboring planets before, knew what was out here.

Rory left her seat as soon as we were able, walked right over to the window, and pressed her nose to it to see how far she could see. She thought that the planet looked beautiful from out here.