The Hospital

Wolf wakes up and finds himself to be in a hospital bed. He's got various bandages around his body, and he's hooked up to a heart monitor.

He looks around the room and eventually sees Luggins sitting in a chair a couple feet away from the bed, watching him with a worried expression on her face.

"Chief Luggins? Is that... really you?" Wolf groggily asks.

"Yeah, it's me Wolf. I'm glad to see you are awake, at least." She says.

"Huh? What... happened? Last thing I remember I was just going out for a walk when all of a sudden these gang members- oh. Wait. They did this to me didn't they?" He asks.

"Yeah, they did. But don't worry, they'll get what's coming to them." Luggins says.

"Uh... forgive me at the risk of sounding rude, but what are you doing here?" Wolf asks with a confused look on his face.

"Well you see, I'm the one who saved you. " she says with a proud look on her face.

"Woah... really? I- uh... thank you, for saving me, but... why?" Wolf asks.

"What do you mean why? I'm not gonna let you die just because we have a checkered past, Wolf!" Luggins explains, almost sounding offended.

"You're right, I'm sorry. Thanks though. Seriously, I owe you one." Wolf says with a smile.

"Don't mention it, hey, that's what police are for anyways, huh? To protect and serve! And you happened to be the one who needed protection, so..." Luggins says.

"Heh, I suppose so. Man that was scary... I thought I'd never see my friends again." Wolf almost sobbed.

Luggins, seeing this, couldn't help but feel bad for him. Sure, they may have been enemies/rivals in the past, but that doesn't mean they have to act that way now, especially not when one of them was in dire need of rescuing.

"Wolf, it's gonna be just fine! In fact, I even called your friends a few minutes ago actually. They shouldn't be much longer in getting here. Which is why I should probably depart. I'd rather not get in the middle of whatever it is you guys wanna do. Heh." Luggins says as she begins to walk to the door leading to the hallway.

"Wait, chief?" Wolf calls out.

"Yeah Wolf?" She responds.

"Thanks again. You really saved my bacon back there." He says.

"No problem, just try to be more safe next time!" She says, and then she's gone.

Wolf rests his head on the pillow of the hospital bed, almost ready to pass out when he hears yet another familiar voice.

"Hey, Wolf? How are you feeling buddy?"

Wolf weakly peers up, to see that it's Snake! Along with the others!

"Hey, guys. I've been better."