12

"Hm fat ma, what you think about this one?" Exodus tilted his phone to the right so that she could see, given that she had laid the full weight of herself on top of his back

"Exodus we is not finna get no green crib. Get that out my face." She put her attention back on her own phone where she scrolled on tiktok, and he laughed in response.

For him to not have wanted kids just a week ago, he was now low-key excited about Siraj's pregnancy. It wasn't planned, but Exodus knew that Allah did everything for a reason, and everything was to be considered a blessing.

He had spent the morning scrolling on Amazon and different websites he'd found on google, looking at things that could possibly be put in his baby's nursery. Whether the nursery would be at Siraj's house or his, it didn't matter to him.

Nonetheless, when the baby did get here, he didn't want to go back and forth between the two living quarters. He figured Siraj would just move in with him since his house was bigger, and she spent time over as if she already lived with him anyway. They hadn't really touched basis on it yet though.

"Look at the camera papa," Siraj chuckled, holding his chin in her hand while kissing the side of his face from behind him.

"Nah 'cause you don't like my baby bassinet." He ignored her phone that was near his head, adding a pack of bibs to his Amazon cart.

"Because why would you get green? Why not white, or gray, or an earth tone."

"Green is literally the color of half the earth dumbass." He sucked his teeth, then laughed once she mushed his head forward.

"Whatever loser. Buy that ugly ass crib if you want to, I don't know who baby gon' be laying in it 'cause it for damn sure won't be mine." She raised herself up from his back, climbing out the bed so that she could stand up.

He chuckled, waving her off as she got ready for a shower. While she was in the bathroom, Exodus occupied himself with his own thoughts of what the future might pan out to be. He tried only thinking of good things, and not the possibility of losing one of the closest people to him, his best friend.

Losing friends didn't bother him much because he had always felt like the real ones would forever stick around. The friends that he did end up losing while growing up was simply in result of growing up and growing apart. But losing Semaj as his brother would hurt and he couldn't even front on that.

There were times where he wondered if his relationship with Siraj was worth it-if it was worth his friendship with Semaj, or the judgement that might come from both of their parents, the possible drama that would arise in the family. It was so much that could be avoided if they had just remained how they were before.

But he didn't regret anything. Siraj would always be worth it all to him; she was his whole life. The way she wrapped him around her finger so quickly still blew his mind whenever he thought about it. He would do it a hundred times over for her though.