17

Exodus tucked his sheet underneath his mattress, making sure it was snug enough to where it wouldn't come up

Exodus tucked his sheet underneath his mattress, making sure it was snug enough to where it wouldn't come up. He laid a silk sheet over the cotton set, before adding the thicker cover on top of it all. Folding the top part back a bit, he placed his pillows in their correct spots, completing the task of making up the bed.

He used a Clorox wipe to clean off his nightstands, and lit one of Siraj's candles from Etsy on the stand nearest her side of the bed. The candle was strawberry and cream scented, and had realistic-looking strawberries and whip cream as the creative design.

Usually he lit more of a 'manly' incense in his house, but he couldn't recall the last time he had ever since Siraj started staying over. Strawberry scented candles-and candles in general-were one of her favorite gifts, so he made sure to stock up on a few to keep burning.

Exodus's attention shifted when the bathroom door opened, and out came Siraj, who only wore a pair of panties and a cropped but fitted muscle shirt-her go-to lounge outfit. She now smelled of her dove body wash, the first thing Exodus noticed after hugging her.

"You are so obsessed with me." She chuckled at their hug, as if she wasn't just laying in bed with him an hour ago.

"Been that." He kissed the side of her face, relieved to see her smiling. He shook his head as she climbed back into the bed that he'd just made up, but followed right behind her.

As she cuddled up on the side of him, Siraj's smile slowly faded away as she unlocked her iPhone. Her nicely arched eyebrows then furrowed to form a small frown once her phone was taken away from her, meeting Exodus's gaze.

"Why you ain't singing to me shordy?" He pretended to bite her jaw, listening to her laugh when he lightly nibbled on it. Beyoncé's Dance For You was currently playing from the speaker, which Exodus had previously been using during the time he'd spent cleaning up the bedroom.

"You know I can't sing and you be letting me blow your eardrums anyway." She smiled at the way he always wanted her to sing to him, as if she had a good voice for real when they both knew it was far from it.

"Sing to me." He stared down at her, waiting on her to begin singing along with one of her favorite songs.

"I'ma take this time to show you how much you mean to me, 'cause you are all I need. No money can emphasize, or describe the love that's in-between the lines. Boy, look into my eyes." She wrapped her arms around his neck, her head tilting back to let him kiss her.

Her hands drifted to hold his face, being positioned to lay on her back so that Exodus could have more access to her mouth. He'd kiss and suck on her tongue all day if she allowed him to. He was infatuated with her kisses.

"I love you." She mumbled softly, trailing her lips to leave gentle kisses on his face.

"I love you the most. Look at me. You sad mama?" His gaze locked on hers, and he watched her eyes lower in defeat at his question.