Phil's house

It was sunday morning so some of my acquaintances are here at the 7 eleven. Several blocks away there is a famous store about divining, I've always wanted to go there but it was closed everytime we go, so at some point I just gave up. From time to time I walk alone down the street I haven't been before so I could vent out my frustration with my brother but it was different, I wanted to stay away, I never felt safe now.

"South?" I looked back, to see Philip with Indo.

"Oh it really is South" Indo was amazed like we haven't seen each other for a decades now.

"Hey" I smiled fist bumming Indo.

"Where are you two going?" I asked wondering where is Malay.

"We're on our way to my house. My brother was cooking adobo and Malay was helping him, so we were just on errands" Indo and Philip slightly raised the plastic bags they were holding.

"If you want, you could come to the house if you're not busy" Philip invited. Hmm I'm a bit interested in Philip's house since he was telling me stories about his brothers.

I nodded then helped with the groceries. The place wasn't that far from the 7 eleven. When Philip twisted the door knob I smelt the aroma of the food.

I think Philip saw my eyes glimmer cause he chuckled after looking at my way. I checked if there were drools on my mouth, I can smell the perfect harmony of vinegar and soy tingling my nose. Indo made his way to the swing after dropping the plastics at the door.

"New face" I froze when a handsome country popped right at my face.

"Kuya" Philip gently pushed the country off me.

"This is Kuya Del" he pointed to his brother who surprised me.

"Hey Del. Stop scaring Philip's new friend" said by the country who looked similar to Philip.

"That is Kuya Martial" He pointed the one holding the wooden spoon.

"psshh no fun Martial, I'm the eldest" He looked cute even with a sad face.

"You don't act like the eldest of us though" Martial mockingly smirked

"That's why you're no one's favorite" Del shrugged. I panicked when I saw Martial roll up his sleeve. Philip told me to follow him to the kitchen so I did. Seconds later I heard some loud thuds and and crashing. I looked over to Phil but he just continued to wash rice so I looked over to Indo who was still on the swing, napping. How could he even sleep with the background noise. I saw Malaysia watching tv.

"Shouldn't we stop them?" I asked Phil which he only replied with a chuckle. 

"They're always like that" he added

"You mean they often have physical fights?" I asked but he shaked his head.

"They ALWAYS fights" he said with deep intonation on always.

I thought he was joking when he said his brothers were always in the hospital, so it was the truth.

•30 minutes later•

The fight stopped after Martial pinned Del on the ground.

Philip told them to sit and eat causethe rice was cooked .

•3 hours later•

Tomorrow is Monday and the three of them haven't finished their homeworks so we decided to go home. I thanked Philip for the hospitality they showered me, telling him that I loved their food.

Waving back to  Philip as the distance between their home and me grew apart, the feeling of emptiness surfaced.

"How nice"

That voice again. I stayed silent.