Chapter 2

Chapter Text

I pull up to my cousin Ben's flat around 1pm and I climb out my car and stretch out my back, "Maybe I should have picked a bigger car" I laugh to myself rolling my shoulders and neck to loosen them off. I pull out my phone and text Ben to come down and help me with my stuff.
Ben's letting me rent out his spare room, which I'm so grateful for, that was one less stress for me to think about when I was planning this move, As soon as Ben heard about my plans he happily offered his flat to me, it's a lovely flat in a lovely area not to far from the hustle and bustle of Camden town.

When we have trampled up and down to the 2nd floor flat 3 times all my stuff is now in my new room. I sit on the double bed and look around the room, its nice, pale blue walls, built in storage and a nice big window flooding the room with winter sunshine, it feels comfortable, I do feel those pangs of anxiety but I feel the excitement more."feel free to do as you please in here harry" Ben says as he pops his head around the door. "Actually I quite like it as it is" I say to him as i get up and start opening boxes.
"I was thinking I could show you around H, I'm back at work tomorrow and want you to have some idea of where things are?" Ben says to me as he watches me start to unpack.
I like the idea of getting my 1st taste of Camden so I'm happy to abandon the unpacking for now.
We grab our jackets and head out the door, I pull a beanie over my unruly curls and jam my hands in my pockets as we walk. Ben points out the regular things to me: the local food shop he uses, the tube station and the nearest Starbucks. We continue down through the market and I just soak it all in the atmosphere. It is amazing, I like it here.
"So, what's the plan? I know you said you had savings but are you looking for work or are you just gonna concentrate on your music?" Ben asks as we stroll around the market. "I think a job would be good, but my main focus is music" I say to him as we duck down a street filled with a variety of lively bars. "Let's grab a drink before we head back, i go to this great little bar just down here, i know the guy that owns it." Ben says as I continue to look around, I feel abit overwhelmed, a bit like Dorothy, I'm not Kansas anymore.

We enter a bar called Shamrocks, and take a seat at the bar. "Ben, my dude, it's been a while, hope Santa was good to you?" I hear an Irish accent say, I look up and there behind the bar is a smiley, brunette eyeing us both.
"Niall, nice to see you mate. Had a lovely Christmas with the family. You? Did you manage to get back home for a few days?"
"Oh you know me, I'm married to this place, so I couldn't trust the 3 stooges to keep it afloat" he laughs. Ben laughs and then points to me "Speaking of family, this is my cousin Harry, he's staying with me for the foreseeable, he's a cracking musician, just moved down to make it big!" I blush and smile at Niall before shaking his hand.
"Nice to meet you mate. Do you play or just write?" Niall asks and straight away I like him.
" I do both, have done for a long time, love it" I reply as I accept a bottle of beer Ben ordered.
"Ah and here come the 3 stooges" Niall says looking at the door. There in the doorway is 3 very handsome young men, 1 dark haired, dark eyed boy, with his arm around a fair haired boy with a kind face. Standing just in front of them is the sweetest looking boy I think I've ever seen, bright blue eyes and light brown hair sweeping across his forehead. "Lads come meet Ben's cousin, he's gonna be famous" Niall says waving them over and winking at me. As they approach us i can't help but look the blue eyes by up and down, "yep, he's so pretty" as i look back up at his face, I catch him looking at me, I blush furiously and he's lets out a little giggle and winks at me, he's definitely seen my shyness.
"Liam, Zayn, Louis, this is Harry." I wave as they greet me and pat Ben on the back.

I learn that they all met at college and that Niall bought this bar with money left to him from his grandfather. Liam and Louis work behind the bar here and Zayn is security.

That night as I settled into my new bed in my new room, It felt good. I think I made the right choice to come here and I really hope I can find the courage to let people hear what i can do. Also if i end up thinking about the blue eyed beauty I met as i drift off to sleep then that is just for me to know and no one else.