2 | another world

"Is there anything I will have to bring along?", Soobin asks, sighing right after that.

Just how did this end up happening? Why is he even considering there to be any truth behind what Taehyun is telling him? He thinks about it for another moment.

It has to be the tears. Soobin cannot handle the feeling of having sad people around him. The fact that Taehyun cried while talking about his lover and the kingdom he is from, just made Soobin pity the boy on a different level.

He decides to give him a chance to show what he wants to show him, deciding to leave and take him to the police as soon as they have been where Taehyun wants to go and he is seeing the boy was lying for sure. Well, Soobin knows this is all just very impossible, but at least Taehyun cannot say anything later on when he is taken to the police. After all, Soobin is listening to him, doing exactly what the boy wishes for. When things are not working later on, it is simply not his fault or problem anymore.

"No, nothing at all. You don't need anything.", Taehyun says, looking somewhat happy, while still being fully serious. What an odd child...

His chinchilla patiently waits next to him, occasionally tapping Taehyun's leg to be picked up and carried in the boy's arms. The general sight looks very odd to Soobin:
A boy dressed like he jumped out of some fantasy novel and his rodent companion that seems perfectly trained to be working with the boy effortlessly.

Taehyun happily squeezes the chinchilla in his arms before he places a soft kiss on the animal's forehead, the chinchilla cuddling itself close to the boy.

"Soon, we will be back together, my love.", Taehyun whispers to the chinchilla, quiet enough so Soobin would not hear.

"Are you sure I don't need anything at all? Money? Food?" Soobin pats his pant pockets and looks at Taehyun, who just rolls his eyes at the question.

"No, just get yourself and then follow me."

So, Soobin puts on a pair of shoes and his coat, before following the boy out. He of course has his phone and keys as well, also insisting to drive to the forest Taehyun wants to bring him to, as it is quite far from his house.

"Did you take the train to my place?", Soobin asks after quite some time of driving.

"No, I don't know what a train is, but I walked."

"What!?", Soobin asks very loudly, shocked by the boy's words, "That's impossible. You could not have walked this far."

"But I did.", Taehyun insists, his eyes leaving Soobin then to look back down to the chinchilla in his lap, gently stroking its fur as it looks up at him happily, which makes the boy smile warmly as well. "I had a good reason to do so."

"Ah. You mean because of your lover or because of your royal family?", Soobin asks, trying to fill the silence in the car with some smalltalk.

"Both."

"Ah, yeah... well, can't believe I am asking this but uhm, what is she like?", Soobin asks.

"Who?"

"Your lover? What kind of wom- uh girl is she?"

Taehyun scoffs, an unamused smile on his cute face. "Who said that my lover is a woman?"

"What? They're not?"

"No."

"So you are..."

"Gay? Yes, I believe that sums it up well."

The car is quiet for a moment, Soobin not really sure what to say to that. He thinks for a bit before he asks:
"Was it hard for you?"

"What?"