5 / rain

I've got my eye on you

[-]

"The school has been standing on the ground for more than a century with new history coming to us every year," Ms. Thornhill passionately explained as the three of them walked around Nevermore. "One of the reasons why our history program is so advanced is because, well, we live between the bricks of history itself!"

Nancy and Alice let out a couple of forced laughs for her to feel more confident even if she sounded ridiculous at times. "It is very beautiful indeed!" Nancy agreed with her as they all stopped climbing the stairs and came to the top floor. "But when is the meeting with Ms. Weems? We have a couple of questions to ask her."

"Oh, yeah, of course, but right now she's a bit busy with other students," Ms. Thornhill chuckled. "You know how it is in August with everyone rushing to school and wanting to get in, it's just a lot of paperwork and-"

"My apologies, are you the Bardots?" Principle Weems came out of nowhere from behind Ms. Thornhill's back and looked at the two. "Nancy and Alice, correct?"

"Uh, yes, yes!" Nancy shook her arm and shared a mutual smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am. This is my beautiful niece, Alice." She proudly showed her off, getting a scoff from the girl.

"I've heard so much about you, Alice!" 

"It seems as if everyone has." The girl quietly whispered to her aunt, getting a confused shrug back.

"Well, Marilyn, I won't need you anymore," Weems turned to Thornhill. "You can go and show the school to other new students, okay? I'm sure you'll be much more appreciated there."

Thornhill looked back and forth between all the women before clearing her throat and excusing herself.

"Shall we get started?" Weems put on a smile, waiting for their confirmation.

"Of-of course!" Nancy nervously chuckled. "We have a lot of questions."

The two followed Principal Weems across the entire floor over to her office which was certainly the best one out of them all because of its views and design. Nancy and Alice sat down in front of each other and faced Weems in front of her desk.

"We usually don't accept normal people into our program, but after seeing how great Alice's grades were and her experience with working in so many different places, we understood, it would be a sin not to include her in the Nevermore family. 

We usually don't include normal people because we fear others might feel threatened. After all, this school was built for outcasts and not everyone. But you're an exquisite one so, Alice, why don't you start telling me a tiny bit about yourself?"

Alice looked at Weems with a surprised expression. "Oh, uh, well, this will be my last year of high school and I wanted for it to be memorable, so I thought about enrolling in this school which always caught my attention when I was small and living in Jericho."

"Really?" Weems smiled at her response. "And what do you plan on doing after school?"

"My dream is to be a journalist. I want to work in the news, check what's happening in the world and be aware of various different events."

 "And where did you go to school before?"

"Minneapolis. Decided to leave for somewhere different compared to Jericho and it was a great decision, I gained a lot of experience and had a lot of fun."

"Lovely to hear," Weems showed a happy smile. "Um, Nancy, do you mind telling me about yourself and your family life?"

"Of course," Nancy sat up and cleared her throat. "Because Alice's parents never longed for kids of their own, when they had her, they wanted to give her away to someone else, but I insisted they should try keeping her. They didn't agree and in the end, ended up giving her to me.