19 / I hate you

And if you fight, I'll fight

[-]

It was already past midnight and Enid could no longer sit at her table, studying science, because of her worries for Alice. She hadn't come back to the dorm yet and Enid had a feeling something was wrong.

Enid looked over at Alice's tightly made bed, wishing she would find her best friend laying there like every other night, but looked away almost instantly. She tried telling herself Alice was a grown woman who could take care of herself, but that wasn't enough.

After her worries overcame her, Enid decided to go out and help her best friend and there was only one person she could go to. The person that knew Alice better than anyone.

"Nancy! Please, open up!" Enid frantically knocked on Nancy's door, wishing she would open it. "It's an emergency!"

Finally, Nancy opened the door in her pajamas and robe only to see Enid on the verge of tears. "Enid? Darling, what's wrong?"

"Alice is in danger!" The blonde walked inside the apartment. "She-she left with Tyler and they promised to be back by midnight, but she hasn't come home. And I have no clue where she could be, but I know something's wrong."

The nightmare Nancy had only thought about came true. She had many suspicions and now, the scenario she feared most had become a reality.

"Okay, okay, Enid," Nancy took both of the blonde's hands and looked at her. "I know a place where she might be, but I have to go alone."

"What?" Enid let a tear fall down her cheek. "Why? Alice is my closest friend, I can't let her die alone!"

"It's not about that, Enid," Nancy assured her. "It's just the fact I'll have to do something I haven't done in years."

[-]

Alice wasn't able to fully remember which way she and Tyler came because she was knocked out before she could see where they headed for the place. So, she ended up wandering around with her hand, tightly gripping her side, and wishing to find a way somehow.

Covered in blood from head to toe, Alice wasn't able to walk normally anymore, instead, she kept limping her way out of the forest. Pitch black surrounded her from every direction, so when her vision began to worsen, the circumstances didn't help.

Out of utter nowhere, when she was starting to gain hope, Tyler came out from hiding behind one of the trees like a maniac. He had a look of terror on his face that would have scared Alice before, but after what she escaped, there was nothing that could surprise her.

Alice's breath hitched when she saw him but instantly rolled her eyes at him. "God, you didn't leave yet? Or are you loyally sitting by your master's side like a dog, waiting for her to return home?"

"You're so naive, Alice," He began to walk closer to her. "Why did you have to believe me?" He stopped right in front of her, looking down because of the height difference.

"You're such a dick, Tyler," Alice sneered out through gritted teeth. "You're an asshole and I won't give you the benefit of the doubt just because you're a fucking hyde. You deserve to be put away for good."

Tyler sheepishly smiled at her words. "Really? And you're gonna make sure that happens?" He gripped the sides of her jacket and pulled her face closer to his. "This is the end, Alice."

The girl stared into his once peaceful eyes, now seeing rage and fear in them. "You'll pay for this." 

Tyler's patience had ran out and he decided to finish the job his master didn't. He began to transform into a hyde, his clothes ripping apart, as Alice moved back and accidentally fell to the ground, watching this horror unfold in front of her eyes. The creature was exactly the one she saw before in the woods - big eyes, tall body, large teeth.

Tyler snarled at her in anger and she began to stand up from the ground about to start bolting for her life before he swiped his hand at her. Alice was thrown to the side, hitting a tree and sliding to the ground, violently coughing up blood.

She felt exhausted, tired and, for the first time this night, scared. Tyler stomped over to her, the ground shaking beneath him, as he snarled and growled like an animal. Alice tried to see if there was some Tyler left within him, but there was none.

The creature walked over to her and took her body inside only one of his hands, putting her up against the tree and letting out the biggest growl. Feeling her body giving up on her, Alice was about to give up herself until another creature, the same one as Tyler, jumped out from the trees and attacked him.

Alice fell to the ground again, knowing the next fall would be fatal, and lifted her head up from the ground. She watched on how the two hydes fought each other, brazing each other with their claws and throwing each other, and realized it was none other than her own aunt.

Even though Tyler was unrecognizable as a hyde, Alice could see Nancy right through her. Feeling a sense of hope within her, she wished she could help, but when she took one step forward, she fell straight to the ground.

Her legs couldn't keep her body upright and all there was left for her was to watch over them. Their fight was intense, if one would swing, the other would go right back. It continued for some time until Tyler kicked her with all his force and sent Nancy across the trees, making her fall down to the ground just like Alice.

"No!" Alice screamed in horror, trying to crawl her away over to them, but stopped when Tyler began to finish of Nancy. He did everything he could to her - bite, scratch, kick, snarl - until she was left lifeless on the ground in a pile of leaves and snow. "No, no, no!"

Tyler heard Alice's screams and after checking on Nancy to make sure she was dead, he began to march over to the girl. Alice let out cries and yells of fear, seeing her aunt die right in front of her eyes. "You're a monster, you're a fucking monster, Tyler! I hate you!"

But Tyler didn't stop, he walked over to Alice, looking down at her in her last moments. He snarled right at her face and got ready to swing a punch that would end Alice's life.

As if a guardian angel was on Alice's shoulder, Tyler wasn't able to punch her because a bunch of tranquilizers, one after another, seeped into his skin. Alice's vision was so blured, she could barely see what's happening, but the last thing she was able to see was paramedics rushing over to her and Tyler, back to his human form, being cradled by his father.

[-]