15 / us

'Cause I've got my mind on you

[-]

"Make sure to be safe, okay? I know you're a strong girl, but hydes are unpredictable," Nancy explained, looking out at Tyler's house out of the car window. "If anything happens, call me."

Alice turned to look at her and smiled. "You didn't seem so worried about me before when I told you he could be a monster. What changed?"

"Nothing, just..." Nancy struggled to find the correct words. "I know he won't hurt you if you don't do any harm to him, but just as a safety measure, I'm asking you to be alert. Take it from me who has experience with these things."

"I'll be fine." Alice reassuringly nodded and got out of the car. Nancy drove away, so that Tyler wouldn't have any suspicions, but stayed just around the corner for some time as a precaution. Meanwhile, Alice walked up to his doorstep and hesitantly knocked on the door.

She didn't have to wait long before Tyler opened it and a smile of joy appeared on his face. "Alice, hey."

How could one not be memorized by his smile? He is so heart-warming, that's why Alice couldn't help but smile as well at the sight of him. "Hi, I hope you didn't prepare anything crazy for us, right?"

"Oh, but I did." Tyler said and pulled out a blindfold from behind himself.

Alice looked down at his hand with a bit of worry. "What's that for?"

"The surprise, of course." Tyler chuckled confused. "Or does it look a bit sketchy?"

"No, no! Not at all." Alice quickly disagreed. "So, uh, shall we go...wherever you planned us to?"

"Yeah." Tyler agreed and lent the blindfold out for her to take it. Alice stared at it for a second, thinking if she should actually do it or decline it. "Here, let me help you." Tyler offered after shedidnt'reply.

Alice turned around for him to tie the blindfold behind her head and could feel her anxiety rising. If anything, this little gift of his was only a bad sign. It gave the idea he would want to kill her or something, but Alice tried keeping herself calm. 

"So, uh, where are we going?" She nervously chuckled, opening her eyes under the blindfold and seeing how she was truly blind.

"To the surprise." Tyler said as if it was funny she didn't know. 

From the change of surface, Alice could understand they were in the woods - they weren't walking on concrete any longer, but rather leaves and dirt. Tyler always had his arm wrapped around her to show her the way because if it wasn't for him, Alice would have bumped into a tree. 

The sun had just set and it was as dark as it could get there. Alice couldn't see anything, it was pitch black for her. A very unsettling condition to be under.

The entire time they walked, at every piece of branch stepped on her breath would hitch. But to not draw any unnecessary attention to herself, Alice had to stay calm. Even if on the inside, she was hardly containing herself from running away.

"Okay, and we're here."

Alice slowly removed her blindfold and saw the shed - the same shed where she came to before the monster attacked her - but it was all much cozier: there were candles, a prepared picnic inside and all. No sign of anything from that night. Tyler, once again, outdid himself.

"So, uh, do you like it?" He asked after getting no response from Alice.

"Gosh, yes!" Alice wasn't expecting such a thing. "Wow, I mean, uh, it's great, like when and-and how did you do this?"