18 / darkness

I'll put my red dress on again

[-]

"I don't understand, Tyler, where are we going?" Alice struggled to keep up with him as the two walked through the forest again. But this time, they were walking for a long time and not through stomped paths but rather past trees, and bushes, Alice had to make sure she didn't hit a branch with her head because of the rocky surface.

Tyler didn't look back at her and continued walking as if it was painful for him to look at her. "You'll see."

They continued walking for what felt like ages to Alice, stomping through soaking piles of leaves and dirt, and she could feel something was off. But nevertheless, she kept walking from behind, trusting Tyler, until they reached an empty land area - no trees or anything, any vegetation was feet away from them.

Tyler stopped in the middle of that and waited for Alice to reach him. He could hear she was out of breath, judging by her trying to take deep breaths in and out while walking. "Tyler...where are we? What is...this place?"

Alice turned to look at him and saw him emotionless, refusing to look at her. He had his back turned back at her and he looked as if her presence didn't affect him.

"Tyler," Alice began to slowly approach him in suspicion with slow steps. "You okay?"

When she stood right in front of him, he finally turned around and Alice saw his face. He didn't look himself at all, that once nice boy she had known was gone. He had a mixture of fear and regret on his face, something Alice didn't see before.

"Alice..." Tyler managed to shakily breathe out her name. "I'm sorry."

There's that apologizing again like before, the girl didn't understand why he did it then, and she wasn't understanding it either now. "For-for what?" 

Tyler's eyes landed on something behind Alice and he could no longer look at her. "For this." He turned away, not being able to watch the horror.

Next thing you know and Alice was knocked to the ground by someone from behind. She fell to the ground unconscious with darkness slowly taking over her eyes.

[-]

The blood, dripping down her face from her head, made Alice open her eyes and inspect her surroundings. One of the first things she felt and saw was her hands - they were tied up over her head with chains, linking up to the ceiling. The place she was at was unfamiliar, but the hundreds of candles surrounding her already gave a bad look.

"I told you I was sorry." Tyler walked in through the double doors and approached Alice. 

The girl could feel her anger boiling inside, she wasn't scared or anything, only mad. She was smart enough to understand it was his fault. "I couldn't care less about your apology, Tyler. What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"It was very hard for me to do this." Tyler kept going on, avoiding her question. "You know I still love you."

Alice scoffed at him. "If loving me is such pain, why do you torture yourself?"

"I'm not, well, not anymore," Tyler proudly smiled at his joke. "You have no idea what I had to go through. I had to endure pain every day for the last months and you had no idea."

"Oh, do tell me how being a hyde and fucking with me is terrible, Tyler," Alice tried coming closer to his face, but ended up coming only a few inches closer because of the chains. "Tell me, how hard was it to fuck with me, huh?"

"I never wanted to do this, Alice." Tyler tilted his head. He seemed to show so much and so little remorse at the same time.

Feeling herself getting more and more upset by the second made Alice want to scream and yell at him out of frustration. She felt dumb for trusting him, the first guy she met in Jericho. But an idea came into her mind just at the right moment.