Chapter 05 - Daily life

Karino was rubbing the side of his head. It's not headache from drinking a lot last night.

"I already said sorry, old man. Besides, you're in no position to talk about the pain in your head. I could have gone to the police and tell them you were sleeping with your your face on top of my tits. And I am making you breakfast, we'll call it even." Rio's in the kitchen and she's making breakfast for Karino as a 'I am sorry for pushing you too hard that you hit your head on the leg of my tea table'. 

"You pushed me so hard! What if you crack my head open?!"

"That's some thin skull you have if that was the case." She's making sunny side up eggs and bacon. While waiting for them to cook, she's buttering the toasts up. Coffee will be done in a bit too. "Come on, don't be like that." 

"If you throw in some free days where you help me with my manga, I'll forgive you." 

"I should have done to you what I did to the eggs." 

"What was that?" 

"Nothing~."

Kotarou knocked on for Rio. "Lady Rio, I smell cooking. May I come in?" 

Karino opened the door for Kotarou. The moment the door opened, Ruri came running in and she happily hugged Rio's leg. 

"Nee-chan, good morning~!" 

"Did you brush your teeth?" 

"I did it all by myself. I slept over at Kotarou's!" 

"Good for you." Rio then looked at Kotarou. She's happy that he's such a good boy but part of her wished there was someone to spoil him when he deserved it. "Kotarou, let's have breakfast together." 

"If you don't mind me, I shall take up your offer." Kotarou sat next to Karino. 

"Heh~ you and Ruri slept in the same room~." 

"Sir Karino, unlike you, I can be left alone with a female companion. For I have no evil intention." 

"When you say it like that, it annoys me so stop it." 

"Waii~! Breakfast!" Ruri opened the cupboard and she took out a plastic cup with a magical girl character on it. "I want orange juice." 

"Yes, yes." Rio opened the refrigerator for her and she poured orange juice into the cup. 

Kotarou watched the interaction. Seeing Ruri getting made him a little envious.

Karino put an empty glass in front of Kotarou, "What drink do you want?" 

"Huh?" Kotarou looked at him. 

"You want a drink, don't you? Want me to see what she's got?" 

"Then...I want fresh milk." Kotarou will usually pour his own drinks out by himself but for some reason he let Karino pour it out for him. Kotarou watched the glass cup go from empty to half-full...to full. He didn't smile but somehow Karino could tell he was happy.

And when breakfast was served, Kotarou looked at the people around the tea table. "This is a very good morning." It was a good morning because he was not alone for breakfast. being able to eat breakfast with people surrounding the table seemed like a very small and insignificant thing but to Kotarou, it's a blessing. A lot of people take it for granted, this sort of daily life. For Kotarou, being able to eat at a table surrounded by people was a very nice and warm feeling.

"If you want some more, just let me know." Rio smiled at the kids. Breakfast sorted, next will come lunch and dinner later. 

"Lady Rio, are you and Sir Karino okay? You both drank a lot. You both need self restraint when it comes to drinking."