Chapter 30 - Even if you hate me

"Kotarou, I will live with you from now on!" It was a bold declaration for someone who decided to run away from home for the very first time. Ruri thought she was good at it but she's actually not. Why? Because her idea of running away was going to Kotarou's place. 

"Come in. I'm about to make dinner." 

"Yay dinner! Ah! Nee-chan is making croquette!" 

"Then maybe you should go back home?" 

"Ah...n-never! I won't go! Hmph!" 

"...can't be helped. I'll make croquettes for you. YOu are a guest after all."

"Yay~!" 

Behind Ruri's back, Kotarou sent two messages. One to Rio, telling her Ruri was at his place and he will take care of her and try to convince her to go back to her room. The second message went to Karino to tell to check on Rio. 'Lady Ruri and Lady Rio rarely fight. I don't want to pry too much in case it makes Lady Ruri run away. I need to keep her safe.' Kotarou thought as he put his phone down. "We're going to make chicken croquette." 

"Yay~!" 

Karino did as Kotarou asked. "Man oh man...I hope Rio is not down..." He knocked on for Rio and he realized the door was unlocked. "Um...Rio? I'm coming in."

"Ah, I knew Kotarou will call you." 

Karino looked at the slightly open wardrobe and on the table were scattered letters that were dated with so many dates. All unsent. There's only one letter that had Mizuki's new address on it. The rest had no address. He looked at Rio to see she was smoking a cigarette; she may not say she's upset but he knew her long enough to know she smokes when she's upset or stressed out by something. "Rio, these are...?" 

"These are Ruri's letters to Mizuki. Surely, you remember her." 

"Of course! No way I can forget a beautiful woman." He gave her a thumbs up as he sat on the other side of her tea table. 

"Yeah, I can tell you won't forget me even if you have Alzheimer's. Anyway, as you can see, none were sent. Only this one here...I attempted to send it but it never happened. Ruri is angry at me for the right reason." 

"Why didn't you send it? Did something stop you?" 

Rio began to think about what happened when she tried to send the very first letter...

Rio was holding an envelope. She forgot to post it the other day so she will have to do it now otherwise Ruri will ask her about it. That being said, she had a feeling she was being followed as she headed to where the closest mail box will be. She took out her phone and she used it to pretend she's checking her fringe with the mirror screen protector she had on it. She's using it to see who was following her and she could see it was Mizuki's ex boyfriend; He had been looking for her since she left Shimizu Apartment. Was he following Rio in hopes he could get her address somehow? She hid the letter into the toolbox she had with her. Since she was wearing a jacket, she slipped a wrench into her sleeve.

Rio decided not to post the letter. Right now was not the time to. She walked past the mail box and she decided to go to the closest shop- 

"Give me that letter-" Rio used the force of her whipping around to hit Mizuki's ex boyfriend with her wrench! Fortunately for him, he barely managed to dodge and she hit the lampost instead. The lampost made a very loud 'pang', alerting neighbors nearby to stare out of the window and see what the commotion was about. 

This was not the first time she had to come across this guy. She's beaten him before she will do it again and even harsher than last time. "This time, I won't miss. Try me." Rio lived every day preparing she will need to resort to violence to protect Ruri; if she let someone get the best of her, who will protect her little sister?