Chapter 12 - Responsibility of a guardian

A crying Kobayashi Ayano was inside Rio's room right now. On the tea table was a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a bag of cotton balls.

Sobbing, she cried the face on her stomach area marked by a permanent marker will never come off. Kobayashi started to say things like she will never ever be able to wear a bikini and go to the beach ever again. 

"It will come off. Rubbing alcohol will definitely get rid of it. Keep still." 

Honestly, Rio was shocked when Kotarou knocked on her door asking if there's a way to remove permanent marker pen ink from skin. Even though the name said 'Permanent marker' it could be removed even when put on skin; you just need rubbing alcohol and cotton balls or pads, or even a towel to do the trick. Just keep wiping until it's removed from the skin.

"Nothing a handywoman can't handle. You're in good hands. And Kotarou, don't make Kobayashi-san drink while working." 

"I apologize for that." 

"Ahahaha! The face is funny!" Ruri found it funny though, "It's Onaka-san!" In Japanese, the word for stomach was 'onaka' that's why when Ruri saw the silly face on Kobayashi's stomach, it made her laugh.

"Lady Kobayashi, I won't do this again so please accept my seppuku as an apology." Watching historical Japanese drama wasn't a good idea for little kids because they end up imitating something out of it.

"Kotarou, don't do that. And like I said, I can get rid of it." Rio said after looking at him for a brief second before eyeing the work he did on Kobayashi's stomach. She was focusing on rubbing the ink away with cotton balls dabbed with rubbing alcohol. "By the way, there's a PTA meeting coming up." Rio and Karino will participate in the kindergarten's PTA meeting. She could have gone alone and relay the message to him since he's tired from sleeping late but Karino insisted he will go to it with her. Rio didn't tell him this because it will go over his head but she was proud of him when he's willing to sacrifice his time to rest and sleep for Kotarou. 'He's really like a father. I wonder what I should do to reward him?' She thought to herself.

"I doubt Sir Karino will wake up for it. He's been working on his manga nonstop." Kotarou deep down was happy Karino was going to PTA with him in mind. He won't admit it to him for the same reason as Rio though. 

"You're a good boy for helping him out, Kotarou. At the rate you're going, he won't need to get me to rub the lines out for him." 

Kotarou's eyes looked visibly bright and happy when she said that! "Hm! I always do my best and I use your work as reference, Lady Rio!"

"Do your best, young one." 

"Aye!" 

"Kotarou sure is working hard~." Ruri said while giving him a cookie, "Here, a cookie for you." 

"I will accept it." Kotarou was happy. What kids wouldn't be happy upon being praised?

"By the way, Kotarou, what's seppuku?" Ruri asked him. 

"It's the way a samurai save their honor." 

"Really?! Wow! So cool!"

"Please don't glorify seppuku." Rio chimed in. 

After much trouble, Kobayashi insisted on paying Rio for her time and putting up with her embarrassment. Rio said she didn't need to pay or anything since they're friends but Kobayashi insisted so much that Rio couldn't argue. Kobayashi also promised Rio if the firm need anything fixing then Rio will be the first to know. Rio was happy to know that through Kotarou she was able to expand her work as a handywoman. She's happy people trust her and was willing to make use of her service.