12 | lavender

I should have assumed we were going somewhere across the ocean when the flight there was at least 7 hours. Longer if it had been on a normal plane.

We had landed in France. Paris to be exact. I'm not really sure what was in Paris, but I'm sure I would figure that out soon enough.

I found it extremely disappointing that the first word that was said when we exited the jet was "Oui oui."

Not that I expected anything less from Soap. He tries his best.

Ghost and I held our grudge against each other, and he wasn't getting anything less until he showed remorse for what he said about König.

If there was anything I couldn't stand it was disrespect for my friends. If he said the same thing about me to my face, I wouldn't be as pissed as I was, but it wasn't to his face, it was to me.

Crazy that he even had the audacity to assume I wouldn't do anything about it either.

But I had to put this dispute aside because we weren't here to argue, we were here for Makarov.

"Though there was nothing to track down Makarov in the communications room," Price starts, all of us surrounding him as he spoke, "We know for a fact he has a safe house somewhere here in this city. There's a high chance he won't be there, but there's also a high chance his men will be. Lots of them. This isn't a vacation so I don't want any of you treating it like it is. We stay focused, or you go home."

We nod, and he gives all of us a firm nod back as a black car speeds through the runway, pulling up a few meters away from us. The window rolls down, and a blonde woman peeks her head through the window.

Price turns around, strolling over to the car, "Good to see you, Laswell."

"Ditto, captain."

She turns the engine off, jumping out of the car. She opens the back seat of the car, pulling out two heavy, black duffel bags. Price takes one, and they both walk over to us before setting them down.

Laswell zips open the first one, revealing a plentiful amount of all different types of firearms. In the other, gear and protection that we, and mostly I, so desperately needed.

"Take only what you need."

Everyone steps forward toward the bag, ravaging it like hungry vultures. Everyone grabs their preferred gun and ammo, then any gear they need.

I grab myself a thick vest, an automatic sniper rifle, and a pistol. I grab a muffler as well, then a few packs of ammo.

Everyone starts gearing up, and I do the same, pulling the vest onto my chest before I start setting up the rifle with ammo. Everyone kinda did their own thing, and it was interesting to see everyone's different routine before they went into battle.

Soap pulled out black grease, running his fingers through it before he creates a line of it under both eyes.

I ask for it next, and he hands it to me silently. I put two fingers into it, collecting the grease onto my fingers before I rub them all over my eyes.

I looked intimidating like this and I get why Ghost and König do it now.

I put on my headphones connected to everyone's comms before throwing the hood on my jacket over my head. I load the pistol, then slide it into its case on my leg.

Before declaring that I'm ready, I tighten my boots.

They pile all of us into two cars, then transport all of us an hour or so away from where we had landed. I ended up falling asleep as well as Soap who I figured out was a drooler when he soaked my shoulder.