14 | kartoffelpuffer

I sit on the edge of my bed, staring at the cold ground as my leg bounces. The room had a deathly silence to it and it was missing energy. My leg was uncontrollable, my eyes going blurry as they keep their spot on the single black dot on the floor.

König was across from me laying in his cot, his feet hanging off the end of the bed. His hands were clasped together on his stomach, and he stared up at the ceiling.

"Are you hungry?" He suddenly asks, breaking the silence.

"No."

"I'm hungry."

I stay silent as he swings his legs off the bed to face me, "You need to eat something. You haven't eaten since yesterday morning."

"I'm not hungry, König."

He hums, standing up. He walks toward me and as his foot blocks the black dot on the floor, I finally look up at him. His arms were spread outward, his body inviting.

"Please?" He asks, "We both need it."

I stand up weakly, stepping over to him as I curl my arms around him. His arms engulf me and I bury my face into his chest as the tears start pouring.

His hands rub my back, then graze up my back to the back of my head. He holds it close to him, resting his chin on the top of my head as he lets me cry into his shirt.

"I'm gonna make you food. And you're going to eat it."

I sigh, "König. I'm not–"

"Es ist mir egal. Ich werde für dich sorgen."

"I have no idea what you just said," I mumble.

"Don't worry about it," He says before pushing me gently back, "I'll be right back."

He exits the room, leaving me alone. I sit back down on my bed quietly, waiting for him to come back.

After 10 minutes, the door opens, but it isn't König.

Ghost enters quietly, closing the door delicately before approaching me. I turn my tear-ridden, red eyes to him, looking up as he stares down at me.

I couldn't tell how he was looking at me, what expression he had on his face because of that stupid mask.

"Are you okay?"

I chuckle, but I could feel the tears churning in my throat again, "Do I look okay?"

He bends his knees, moving my feet out of the way before he sits on the edge of the bed, "No. You don't."

"Thanks, Ghost."

"Simon," He corrects, "I'm trying to have a heart-to-heart, so call me Simon."

"Okay... Simon. Then call me Blake if that's what we are doing."

"Okay, Blake."

We go silent, just staring at each other. Thoughts burned behind our eyes, but our mouths were closed.

"Um.. I wanted to extra apologize for what I said."

A weak grin forms on my face.

"I guess I was just jealous of König and... how close you guys are."

"Simon, what's this about?"

He hikes his knee onto the bed, and I sit up, bringing my knees to my chest.

"I don't know. It's stupid."

I squint my eyes slightly, skeptical.

Then, with one swift movement, his hand grabs the top of his mask and he pulls it off, throwing it to the side.