chapter 1

"5, 6, 7, 8!".

They finished off the dance, both y/n and Jules were on one knee while Noha and Nathalie took to the front. They're faces were sheen with sweat and the air was buzzing with music. Despite being so tired they could drop, they looked at each other victoriously and smiled.

"That was perfect! We did it, we perfected it!" Y/n leaped up and engulfed everyone into a sweaty hug.

Everyone panted into each other and their limbs felt like jelly but none of that mattered because they did it. They perfected it.

"One more time" Jules breathed out, it sounded like both and order and a plea. "Just one more" she repeated. They understood the implication.

This time it wasn't practice, there's one day left to turn in their videos and this was their last chance. They've exhausted all their money and can't rent more studio time, it's now or never.

Noha set up the camera and Nathalie went over the beat one more time. They stretched a bit, took in a big breath and let themselves go. Their bodies swinged to the music, synchronising perfectly. Their timing, the energy, the choreography- everything was spot on. They felt it in their bones, they would get accepted.

The final beat went off and they struck their position. They all glanced into the camera like they were trying to mesmerize the judges through the screen, then finally, they smiled again.

Bouncing over to the camera, Nathalie chimed: "Time to edit!", drawing groans from the rest of them.

"Can we atleast eat first?"

She turned around and grinned:
"Hell no".

They spent the rest of the day skimming, trimming and editing the video to the best of their abilities. When they were finally satisfied (it only took about eight hours), they decided to just fall asleep at Nazirite's and see the deliberation tommorow.

When the girls wake up, it isn't due to their alarm clock or the sunshine hitting their eyes. It's due to loud hollering and the feeling of silky paper on their faces.
Noha opened her eyes first, seeing Nathalie's older sister Rebecca holding a party popper and that one dude- (what was his name again?) with a balloon.

"You did it!" Rebecca cried, eyes tearing up, which wakes up the rest of the crew. "You brats actually did it!".

Groggy and half asleep, the girls have absolutely no idea what Rebecca is talking about. It takes exactly fifteen seconds for it to all settle in: the hollering, the celebrations, the dramatic crying.

"We did it?" Jules asked, hands coming up to cover her face in disbelief.

"You did it!" Rebecca holds up her phone, showing fifa's official website page. There's a list of names, eight groups and in the middle written in silver font are four.

Linda falsey
Venus the carry
Noor P'hoere
Naraiha Welmami

"What's with those expressions?" the dude asked them. Their faces were pulled into a grimaces. They're absolutely ecstatic but- "It would've been better if it were our real names" Noha confessed.

"Yeah this makes it feel...underwhelming somehow" Nathalie added.

The dude, with his red eyes and shaggy haircut, blinked at them with the most puzzled expression on earth. "Those aren't your names?" He asked.

"They are!" Rebecca intercepted, she gave them a warning look and quickly ushered the dude out the room.

Nathalie gave her sister a once-over, narrowing her eyes suspiciously. "He's sensitive" Rebecca ended up whispering. "He'd cry if he found out".