Chapter 10

"Where are we going?" I inquire curiously as I helplessly tag along behind him. Turns out, he didn't kiss me afterall.

Boy, was I glad????

He took my hand and led me out of the kitchen area, leaving behind an irritated crowd, screaming "No fair!" and  "Cheater!!"

"Someplace quiet," is all he tells me and we continue to walk in awkward silence.
We emerge outside and walk out back, to what seems to be the pool area.
It's dimly lit and devoid of people, which is exactly my kind of setting.

The evening breeze gently brushes against my cheeks and I draw a long, deep breath as my initial panic and anxiety wears off.
Randy loosens his tight grip on my hand, letting go of me and I spread out my arms wide, allowing the chill breeze envelope my entire body completely.
I flash him a gentle smile and focus my attention on the large pool before us.

"A little swim will do me some good," he announces after a while, just loud enough for me to hear and edges closer to the pool.

I stare at his back in amusement for a while before saying, "Who the hell goes for a swim at night? You're just weird!"

He only turns back with a smile and in the next instant, all I see is him pulling down his jeans trousers to reveal a set of swim trunks, and I can't help but wonder if he had swimming in mind long before even arriving at the party.
Then taking off his shirt, he plunges into the pool with no prior warning, taking me by surprise and creating a huge splash.

"Dude!" I yell as very chilled water droplets land all over me.

I watch as he emerges from under the water, a refreshed look on his face and beads of water all over his trunk. His beautiful eyes glisten in the dark as he smiles and sweeps his now very damp hair backwards, leaving me staring....

....more like drooling!

"Care to join me?" His voice breaks into my thoughts, leaving me wondering whether or not he'd seen me staring.
I blush, embarrassed by the mere thought.

"I'm not a pool person, Randy," I awkwardly confess.
At my age, I'd never, not even once, stepped inside a pool.

"Well, there's always a first time for everything," he tells me, matter-of-factly.

"There is," I agree, drawing closer to the pool entrance where he stood waist deep in the water. "But not tonight."

Lies, lies, lies and more lies.

I'd actually wanted to try it out, for the first time, actually.
I mean, the water's literally just calling out to me, like "Mandy, come innnnn!"

"Come on, you know you want to," he teases and I shake my head in response. "No, I don't."

"Don't fight it," he persists, a mischievous smile forming at the corners of his lips.
Seeing that talking wasn't doing much, he proceeds to sprinkle drops of water on me. "See? The water feels nice, right?"

The tiny water droplets fall all over me like rain and I'm tempted to join him.

"It does feel nice," I concede at last, and he smiles an 'I did it'  kind of smile.
"But...." I cut in, watching his smile slowly fade out.
"I'm in no swim gear. If i go in, I'd be too drenched and I have nothing to change into," I explain.

"That's easy. Allen's sister should be able to help with that."

"I wouldn't feel comfortable in a stranger's clothes," I object, then notice the look of frustration in his face.
I was being a pain in the ass, that much I knew.