Chapter 2

So, I'm sitting here in Geography class trying my possible best not to fall asleep, considering the fact that Mr Windham's lessons are way more effective than sleeping pills.

I mean, where does administration hire their teachers from? Mr. Keene is wierd, Miss Madeleine is way too sexual, Mr. Theodore is soo confused, I wonder why he's a teacher and now Mr. Windham!

The guy's too boring.
And coming from a person like me, that goes a long way to show how boring he really is.

I observe I'm like the only one listening to him - half the class's asleep and the other half's either busy texting or playing games.

".....so class, before I leave I have an assignment for-"
Unfortunately, he doesn't get to finish his statement as everyone starts to grunt and protest, making a lot of noise.

"Quiet class. Quiet...." he continues in vain.
"Whether you protest or not, you're doing the work. So quit whining and listen to me. This time round it's going to be fun. I came up with a nice idea!" He goes on excitedly, and then pauses to observe our reaction.

There is silence as we all wait eagerly for him to continue.
"Thank you. Right. So, I'm going to put you all in pairs to do a report on-"

"Come on! A report? Is that what you call fun?"someone cuts in and we all laugh.

"Patience son, patience. Unlike our usual assignments, I've decided to make this one slightly competitive. So, each pair will be writing a report based on a reading on the same topic, and so to earn more marks than the other pairs, you're going to have to spy on your opponents. You know, to check for...ermm...team work. If they're not doing it as a team you report to me and I deduct some of their marks and add it to yours...." He explains and pauses to take a deep breath.
Can't blame him. That was definitely a mouthful!

"...so, how about that?" he continues after a few seconds, clearly impressed with himself.

It seems everyone's happy with this one as they're all clapping and cheering.

Personally, I don't see what's so great about this whole arrangement.
Disclosing the whole spying thing to the entire class will only ensure that everyone actually cooperates and does the assignment together as a team, because no one would want to loose their marks to some snitch.
So what exactly is the point at the end of the day?
Well, maybe that actually is the goal. To teach us the spirit of teamwork and cooperation in preparation for our future.

Crap!

I sound just like Mr. Keene right now! I have got to stop taking his lectures so seriously.

"Right," he says in some tone of achievement.
Guess he's finally proud of himself for not...you know, being BORING!!

"So, I made a name generator. I'll pick two names at a go randomly, and those two automatically become partners," He says as he picks up a white envelope from his desk and empties its contents onto the table.
"So, for first pair we have....," he trails off as he unfolds the papers.
".... Chevez and Kiki."
"...for second pair, Audrey and Cindy....."

Nooooooooo!!!!!
I wanted to pair with Audrey.

Who else could I possibly work with? I hate it whenever I have to partner with a new person.

Audrey turns to me and shrugs lightly, a disappointed look plastered across her face.
Guess she wanted to partner up too.

"...Tricia and Jake, Sammy and Richie.... Randy and Mandy..."

My heart stopped!

Hold up!
Did I hear right?

Is there another Mandy in here that I don't know of?
No way I'm the one. I mean, is that even possible?
Maybe I'm just dreaming.