MSMC Bk 4 - Chapter 3

Chapter 3-Secrets Revealed

3rd Person POV

Manuel had to leave the day after Christmas. He spent about a week after he had gotten back home, going over the information about Isabella and his son from the private investigation company he had hired. He had suspicions that she was cheating on him and several phone calls he had received had raised suspicions about his son, Joel.

From the reports he received, he found out that both Isabella and Joel had been bleeding his money right out from under him for years. They had both purchased and furnished homes and cars and each of them had stolen more than a million dollars each.

Isabella had made many purchases for jewelry, furs, designer clothes, shoes and purses that he had never seen or given her. Joel had been throwing away money at not only the track but was in personal debt to several loan sharks. He also had a condo where he entertained his "lady friends" who were nothing but high priced whores that did more for the money than just be seen with them in public.

The day before Isabella was due to return home, Manuel had spent the whole day reading through the evidence and looking at the photo proof the investigator had gathered over the past several months. He had been surprised at first by how much of his hard earned money they had managed to steal from him but the biggest shocker of all was that there was no way Joel was his son.

Apparently he'd been in a minor car accident early last year but he'd had to have his blood cross matched and with his blood type, there was no way he could be Manuel's son.

Joel's blood type was B while both Manuel and Isabella both have blood type O. Joel had been born during the first two years of their marriage which meant Isabella had been fooling around on Manuel right from the beginning! Not only that but she had passed Joel off as his son and even though he had never been able to get really close to the boy, he had always loved him like a son so this final betrayal not only hurt him personally but it was the final nail in Isabella's coffin as far as he was concerned.

For the first time in years, Manuel had gotten drunk that night. He just couldn't believe that his entire marriage had been a farce. He had thought that she had just gotten fed up with his constantly being on the road all the time and had slowly begun fooling around but apparently it had been happening from the very beginning. It had never occurred to him that Joel looked nothing like him, not even his skin, hair or eye color. Annalisa may have gotten her mother's eye and face shape but she had gotten his eye color, hair and skin coloring as well as the shape of her nose and lips.

He had woken up the next morning knowing exactly what he needed to do. He got up, poured the rest of the very expensive bottle of brandy down the sink, got a shower, shaved and got dressed in one of his best business suits.

He called Helena to him and had a meeting with her wanting to know who of his household staff was loyal to his soon to be ex-wife. Helena told him that she was basically unliked by all of the staff because she had treated them all pretty much the same. Even her own current personal maid's, whom there had been many over the years because none of them could take her abuse, had never liked her.

He asked Helena to accompany him to his wife's bedroom where she was instructed what clothes to pack for her. When Helena asked about the expensive make up and perfumes and other toiletries, he told her to take them and distribute them among the female staff members, which had caused Helena to giggle. He then instructed her to lock the door behind them and to have a guard stand by until he returned and that Isabella would not be allowed upstairs if she got back before he did.

They also did the same thing with Joel's room and Manuel wasn't even as generous with him as he had been with his wife. They also locked his room and Helena was given the same instructions. She and Greggory, the head butler of Manuel's home, were given instructions that if Isabella or Joel came home before him and tried to go anywhere beyond the front foyer, they were to call the police immediately and that his staff security were to detain them in the foyer, physically if necessary.