MSMC Bk 4 - Chapter 13

Chapter 13- Rooster & the men go home.

During the next week, the house was busy but Annalisa stayed on my butt about resting and she made me take naps like a child so I had begun following Carmella's nap routine, often falling asleep with my little granddaughter on my chest in the nursery.

I went to my follow up appointment with Dr. Burgess, who scolded me for not resting enough and I told him I was trying but with my house full of people it was hard for me to keep still.

Rooster and the boys got the window removed and the new door installed and Kevin had officially moved in. The new security system was installed and things on that end were running smoothly so far.

Everyone noticed that Rooster was becoming edgy and now that I was home from the hospital and the dogs were taking care of security, he couldn't justify staying any longer. I understood that he was missing his wife and son and just wanted to go home and I couldn't blame him.

Now that I'm legally divorced, I was wanting to go back and see Dana again. Now I was free to ask her out and take her out on a date. I just prayed she would give me a second chance. We had kept in touch since I had found out she worked in the town where Annalisa lived but so far it was more like old friends catching up with each other, nothing on a really romantic level. Now I was free to pursue her again and frankly I was really looking forward to it. This time I wasn't going to screw it up!

One of my architects came out and we discussed where the caretaker's cottage would be located and he came up with a design that after reviewing everything with Kevin that it would have everything he would need for both him and his "crew", I signed off on it to have the blueprints created.

Rooster said that if they could bring their old ladies with them, he would come back in the spring with Eagle, Annalisa, Boomer and Kaylee and some of their construction crew to build it. I told him that he had to promise to bring Connie and Crusher back with them and everyone was happy with that.

Annalisa and Connie took Helena to go look for wedding dresses and Helena and Greggory set the date for the first week in May. Everyone would be here to build the cottage and they would be able to be here for the wedding. From the sound of what they were planning, it was going to be a small but very festive occasion.

Connie was still kind of up in the air about leaving and going back with Crusher but one day, he disappeared for half a day and that night, in front of everyone, got down on one knee and proposed and she accepted. I knew then that it was a done deal and that she would be leaving when Crusher, Annalisa, Eagle and Carmella left. I was going to miss them so much!

Crusher and Eagle took Connie and Annalisa out shopping and came back with both women outfitted in full leather outfits and helmets that Annalisa was going to paint the club logo on as well as their men's symbols. They haven't even left yet and I miss them all already. This house is going to seem so empty without them.

Brad added to Isabella's list of charges and if she was convicted of all of them, she would be going to jail for the rest of her life.

Joel was apparently in a lot of debt and someone began calling the house and trying to threaten me into paying his debts but I told them that Joel was not my son and I wouldn't pay them a dime, that if they wanted to threaten someone to go to the Illinois State Prison and talk to him. Apparently he had messed with the wrong people and they found him dead in his cell a few days later.

When Friday came around, Rooster came to see me and told me that he was going to let Crusher and Eagle stay here until we had our business with Isabella cleared up but that he and the rest of the boys were going to head home the next day.