MSMC Bk 5 - Chapter 14

Chapter 14-Rooster explains what it means to belong to the MSMC to Manny and Cheryl

"Good. Just so that you truly understand how serious this is, I'm going to be very frank and honest with you. I'm not going to hold back but if I find out you've repeated a word of it, you will not live to see the sunset again." Rooster said and I felt my stomach jump and Cheryl squeezed my hand so hard it almost hurt but we both nodded at him.

"Depending on the situation, when we do a rescue, if the person who is hurting someone is a family member, like your father was, we call the cops but not always. In some cases, like one we had recently that involved a four year old little boy named Scotty, we took care of the father ourselves. We are licensed by the state to remove children from bad situations. How we handle the perpetrator is up to us and our punishments are a lot worse than what the cops are allowed to do.

For example, your father beat you so badly that he damn near killed you. He is going to be charged with assault and battery and attempted murder. As I understand, you found out that he also killed your twin brother by running him off the road. Why, I guess we may never know but the law has him now. If I had known that before, I would not have bothered with the law.

In little Scotty's case, the law came but the sheriff told us that he was not going to acknowledge that the father who had beaten Scotty to death was even lying there at his feet after he saw how we found Scotty and the conditions he had been forced to live in." Rooster reached out and turned the computer screen so that we could see the screen. "This is how we found Scotty when we got to him." he said and on the screen there was a picture of a small little boy who was pencil skinny, covered in bruises and cigarette burns and I felt my stomach lurch at the same time I heard Cheryl gasp and tighten her grip again.

"His father had thrown Scotty up against the wall for "whining that he was hungry and that his stomach hurt" and killed him about an hour before we were able to get to him. Doc said when he examined him that when he lifted Scotty's head, he could feel his brain moving around in his skull.

The neighbor next door told us that the child had been locked outside over night several times during the cold winter months with nothing to eat and that when they had tried to take him in for the night so that he didn't freeze to death, the "father" had called the law on them and accused them of kidnapping when all they did was get the kid out of the cold, give him something to eat, a bath and warmer clothes to wear. Since the cops refused to arrest them, the father broke the windows out of their car and then refused to pay the damages.

Two of our members and one of our prospects took him into the desert and got information out of him. He admitted to them that Scotty's mother had been a drug addict that he had been fucking and supplying her with her perferred drug which was cocaine. He allowed her to snort a whole dime bag the night she OD'ed after he fucked her in every hole she had. He had bragged to them about what a "good time" he'd had with her that night.

They then brought him back here and after further interrogation he admitted that even though he was Scotty's natural father, Scotty never carried his name but that he had kept Scotty after his mother died so that he could collect his mothers insurance settlement so that he didn't have to work anymore, claiming that Scotty needed to be watched because he wasn't in school yet. He would leave that little boy alone for hours in a house with no food but full of nothing but bugs and rats. Scotty didn't even have a bed to sleep on but just an old exercise mat to cushion the floor and a filthy ripped up towel to cover himself from the cold.

We tied the father to four bikes and ripped him apart and fed him to the wolves that run on the mountain behind this property. Do you think we were unjustified in our "punishment"?" Rooster said and I wanted to puke as he finished flipping through the pictures someone had taken of Scotty's body and the conditions he had been living in. We both had to admit that they had been justified in their punishment.