2

Aleemarht   thanks for the vote🌹

Maryam is dressing up in her room for church, as she already know that she cannot escape going to church on Sundays. Even when her Dad is around her Mum wouldn't allow him stop her, in her words "Babe no oo, I don't like partiality, I don't stop her praying in your ways, don't stop her from doing my religion" her Dad being a gentle man will succumb.

"Omotayo oya ooo, service would soon start, come out ooo and don't delay me, I don't know what you are busy doing in that room" Mrs Adeyanju yelled from the parlour.

"Am coming ma!" Maryam replied and of course rolling her eyes as usual 🙄 she doesn't like going to church but her mother would not have it. She continue making up her face as she soliloquizes. 'How I wish I can bodly tell her to her face that I'm not interested in going to church or anything pertaining to Christianity. Hmm let me quickly finish my brow before she yells at me again'. "I'm through ma" she said as she made her way out of her room.

"When you are not through nko? No answer me when you are not through nko? You use all the whole day to dress up because you are going to church, what if you are going to party? It's not your fault that I allowed you to be doing makeup, I would soon stop you and nobody will beg on your behalf that I will listen to. Common close the door behind you and let's leave jare".

On their way to church, Maryam has already lost counts of how many people her mother had greeted and of course she was forced to smile and greet as usual even though the smile was faked and her cheek aches ☺️ On entering the church she found a sit at the last corner of the church wall, where she sat and listened to music from her phone till time whiled away.

After service, she is patiently waiting for her mother to finished greeting all members of the church before going home, it's part of her and she is now used to it. From the General Overseer to his wife and children, from the Deacon and Deaconess, the Choir for the job well done and the drummers, the members of the church and the children. She would even share sweets and biscuits for them. Everyone in the church all loves her kind heart.

"Oya let's go" her mom said.
"Yes ma" she replied.
On their way home, her Mrs Adeyanju stir a conversation with her daughter.

"Omowunmi are you reading your books?"

Maryam just smiled as her mother has different names she calls her, it depends on her mood and she only called Maryam when she is with her father's families or the person she is conversing with is a Muslim. She loves it though because it made her remember all her names.

"Shewa! Are you okay? Why smiling to yourself when I asked you a question that you are yet to reply? Do you think I don't know that your phone has been taking your time and you have not been reading? Do you know how much your dad spent on your jamb lessons and form? Or you think I would have your excuse when you failed? If I didn't read well do you think I would have my upper class in school? Abi you don't know your dad was a first class holder?"
She kept on talking all Maryam could say was

"Am sorry ma, have been reading"

"Reading? You called that 5minutes skimming reading?" Kilo ma se eyin omode isin yin no? E se fe ni iwe ka bayi? (What's wrong with you children of this era? Why didn't you people value education?. Mariam couldn't but quickly butt in.

"Hey... see my beautiful woman she thought I would let her down, iya Maryam, I promised to pass my jamb, go to the university and badge my first class gracefully courtesy of my ever intelligent parent gene" her mother who was already fuming anger, smiled heartedly 😃😃

"Omo ake(naughty child) you always know how to calm me, may God bless you with wisdom, knowledge and understanding, the God am serving will never leave you, loruko Jesu, aseye lo ma se, wa se aseyori!( In Jesus name, you shall make it, you shall be successful)"

Maryam quickly say 'Amin maami' because she knows her mum would definitely not stop praying till daybreaks.

"Yes ma, eku ile ma, awon mo nko?" her mother greeted one of their neighbors before they eventually entered.

She and her mom begins to put things to other in the kitchen which she was left to do most of the work, 'I don't tolerate lazy bone! You must be useful to your parents, yourself, your husband, your children and people around you' her mother would always say and it's already part of her. "Pass me the knife over there" her Mum requested. Mariam checked the knife holder and passed one of the knives to her.

"Where are my beautiful Angels? Love of my life and my sugar momma where are thou? Your sugar daddy is back ooo" they heard Mr Adeyanju called from the sitting room, Maryam could swear she saw her mom blushing before she says....

"Ife okanmi(love of my life) am coming ooo."

" Sweetheart welcome Sir" she greeted her dad too.

Her mum left to greet her dad after making sure things are in order.
Maryam loves her family, she wished for the her future husband to be like her dad, right from the time she was still a child she never saw her parents fight each other, maybe they do that in their room she thought but never in her presence, she remembered the day they had arguments her mom kept quiet all through and her dad kept talking the only thing her mum said was 'Ayomi calm down am sorry my baby but your daughter is here! Don't worry I will make it up with you' her mother winked along. Her dad just smiled and replied 'Am sorry dear'. What she meant then she doesn't know but she understands better now😉😉.

They called each other sweet names which she is used to and compliments each other a lot, they played with each other also, a day when her mother dressed shabbily her dad just jokingly sing 'elewedu de o' (the jute mellow seller is here o) causing everyone to laugh. Her parents believes using sweet names and completing each other, showing more love, care and others will help inculcate her, she won't be easily enticed when it's being done by opposite sex or stranger.

"Maryam are you done? Come and greet your dad o" her mom called from the sitting room bringing her back to earth.

"Yes ma, am coming ma" she replied. She greeted her dad with hug and peck, she went to set the table, they all ate their food in silence 'table manner and etiquette of eating' like her mom would say. Afterwards they all retired to their room. What a long day! Maryam said and she slept under her duvet peacefully.