5

Sekinah moved in on Tuesday evening, she compliment my room and wouldn't stop thanking me, I just smiled at her, I see it has a normal thing to do, I don't know why she kept thanking me. 'Always help people when you have the capability to do so' that's what I learnt from my parent. We arranged her things and eat before we retired to bed. Remember to say your adhkar! she said. What is askar?? I wondered but I only replied her with "Okay thanks"

I woke up to pray, sekinah is already awake and has done tahajjud, she reminds me of home, dad always does whenever he is in need of something, just the way my Mum never misses her vigil. I wanted to greet her first but she beat me to it.

"Assalamualaikum warahmotullah wabarakatuh, I have been waking you up since for tahajjud yet you didn't budge"

"Walaikum Salam..." I yawned "hmmm..mmm don't mind me jare, I'm yet to adjust to this new environment, so I slept late, maybe that was why I didn't hear you call me and besides, let me tell you my secret.. I'm a deep sleeper" I whisper the last part which caused both of us laughing.

"You are funny... Oya! Let's pray, it's time for Fajr". I stood up and went for ablution.

We prayed  Fajr together and I went back to bed. My phone beeped, which indicates I have a message.
I checked and it's a message from the mobile network, the time of the message got me. God! I will be late for lectures! I quickly rushed to the bathroom to take my bath, it's already 7:32am, I was late yesterday and don't even let me tell you how standing for straight 4hours is.
While bathing I was signing out loud, music is my thing, I really love to sing especially while bathing, it hits different.

"Is it not good to speak in the toilet! And you are even singing! While in the toilet, one must remain silent. Talking, and initiating or answering greetings are strongly discouraged too. This clearly state that Islam forbid it. Please just be fast am late oo" Sekinah said from the room

"You better come and join me if you know you are late" I replied. Just because I don't know why she is telling me to be fast when we can just bathe together.

"Ehnnn? Don't you know that islamically it is not good for females to see each other nakedness? Two men cannot converse, nor look at each other's genitals that's what the Hadith says.. And please don't reply me again" she told me.

Haaahhaa I don't think I can get enough of her, this is not good, that is not good, Islam forbid this, islamically that is not accepted, kuku kill me, I said inwardly as I rolled my eyes.

She had her bathe after I and dressed up, she covered herself while dressing, I just laughed inwardly, me I did not send o, I can walk naked anyhow.
We later left for school together.
It was such a hectic day I must say, I have lectures for straight six hours! It is not easy, thankfully I saw a vacant sit when I got to class. It's time to go home and have tried to call Sekinah and she is not picking, I don't think I can wait for her because am really tired.
I was about to cross to the lane of those going outside the school gate when I heard my name.
"Mariam! Mariam!" I heard
Who could that be? The voice sounds familiar, I turned back to see who it was.

"Moses! Haaah so it's you? Wassup?" I greeted, he tried to hug me but I extend my hand for a shake instead, I don't like guys hugging me because am busty.

"Yes oo am fine, you? And... Wait when did you resumed?" He asked as we both walked out of the gate.

"Am fine too, I resumed yesterday" I replied. We engage each other with talks till I got to my bus-stop, he even paid for my T-fare, I guess he is nice.

I got home, Sekinah is not back yet, I cooked for both of us, I took my bath and slept off, it was a knock on my door that woke me up.

"Salaam alaikum warahmotullah wabarakatuh" Sekinah said as I opened the door.

"Walaikum Salam" I replied.

"No, replied back in full just as I greeted you, as the greeting is a prayer with blessings, don't you want the same for me? Besides it's not permissible in Islam to reply greetings shortly when the former greeted in full" Sekinah said as she stopped me from going away from her.

"Hmm, walaikum Salam warahmotullah wabarakatuh, your food is inside the flask" I said and went to sit on the bed, to be sincere I think I needed to be more patient with her and her sayings. I picked up my phone to browse as I have an assignment to do.

I was so engrossed in my assignment when Sekinah called me, I looked at her and asked her what she said.
"I said you should do your evening adhkar" she repeated, I heard her earlier but I can't fathom what she meant, I decided to ask her about this askar.

"What is askar?" I simply asked

"It is not askar, it is ADH. KAR and it simply means prayer, do you not know about it?" She asked curiously.

"Yes I don't know, my mom is a Christian and my dad is a Muslim, I do both religion but I love to do Muslim, I don't mind if you can teach me things I should know, in fact you can start from Alif, ba, ta, sa, gym, ha, ha, da..." Sekinah is already rolling on the floor. "what's funny? Didn't I pronounce it correctly?"

"Mariam the Muslim girl, gym, ha, ha, da, seriously don't let me choke on laughing,  I will teach you but please don't read like this again"  she said still laughing.