8

SEKINAH'S POV

Maryam love for Islam is making me happy, am glad Allah helped me to change her, she is always eager to learn, she loves people equally, she haven't for once gets angry at anything, she laughs alot, she is generous, I mean I stayed with her without paying a penny, I only pay once in a while for little stuffs because she already has what would last us a year!
She compliments people alot, do things to please people and becareful not to hurt herself in the process, how she does that is amazing, when she started using jilbab, I was so happy, in fact I made her celebrate it with me with her sumptuous meal, she can cook for Africa, most times I lost count of jazakumllah khairan I said to her, during this exam she helped me a lot too, academically and islamically she is trying, I should give credit to her, that brought smile to my face.

Maryam on the other hand was looking at her, she wonder why her face was set in a calm expression and then excitement splashed on her face at once. She couldn't help but tease her

"Madam Sekinah, happy smiling! Why are you smiling na?" She added a  wink. Allah knows I can't get enough of her, she is amazing with her sense of humour and am learning well too.

"I should also ask you, maybe you had pepper in your eyes, why are you winking that way? Do you mind if I check it for you?" I replied, I learned from the best, her sense of humour is another thing. We both laugh hard to what I said.

"I will miss you, please always call this poor girl, it is as if I have known you all my life" she said as she hugged me.

"Awwnnn.. someone is missing me already, I will miss you too ukhti, don't forget to reach me too oo, you know the network in my area is bad" we gave ourselves a bone crushing hug making me inhale the pleasant musk coming from her.

"Hey! Don't always forget to wake up for tahajjud, remember am not there with you at home to wake you up!" Sekinah warned forming stern.

"Yes momma!" She jokingly replied and we both laugh, I will surely miss her. "Allah Hafiz" she said
"Allah Hafiz" I replied as we both walked away to board our bus.

MARYAM'S POV

Am going home using niqaab, I don't think my parents would accept it, even the jilbab am wearing, would it settle well in them? They've always accept what I say on many occasions, I guess this shouldn't be a problem, my dad is not even a problem but mum! Haaah I'm afraid of it's outcome. I entered the bus and was surprised to see Moses, I quickly go sit beside him, my journey won't be bored as I thought. "Musa!" I cheered happily as I sat down beside him in the bus.

"What? Maryam? Haaahhaa, if not because you called Musa, I wouldn't know you were the one! You now use niqaab?" He asked curiously .

"Well.. no! I just want to use it home, if my parents accept it why not?" I searched into his eyes, they were beaming. I can't help but wonder why.

"Wow! It looks beautiful on you, in fact I love it! "

"Well...thanks! And...Ermm thanks for helping us during the exam, I didn't get the chance to thank you. Thanks for your special delicacies and of course reading into this small brain of ours" It was awkward to hear him compliment me, so instead, I bring up another conversation as am beginning to feel uncomfortable by his comments, no matter how much am free with people, I need to becareful of my non-mahram.

"Common Maryam! It's my pleasure, I'm glad I was able to help in my own little way and please stop thanking me, my head na garri oo" he replied and we both laughed.

MOSES POV

We both laughed at my replied and silence fell between us, I guess she is not comfortable with the way I compliments her, but that's exactly how I feel about her, when it comes to Maryam I would love to do anything.

When we met during our JAMB examination, I was carried away by her good stature that compliments her physique, her face is beautiful too, in fact I should say she is a beauty herself, I walked down to her to read with her hoping to know her better, my joy knew no bounds when I got to know we chose the same University and course.
When I got to know her more, the feelings grew; I wanted to tell her my intention but I begin to see some changes in her that she is becoming more religious, I withdraw my move yet I still like her, she do things carefully not to hurt others, she is well trainned and beautiful in and out, she corrects with smile, I love her smiles too sometimes I get jealous when she smile to others, this niqaab is a good thing nobody will see her smile, oh! I'm being too possessive, we are not even together! Huh! I sighed

"What?" I heard Mariam asked, I searched through her eyes and I couldn't even see it, oh! It's covered.
"Hm? Why do you ask that?" I questioned, since I couldn't read her facial expression.

"You sighed out and I thought something happened, are you not happy about going home?"

"Oh! Nothing! I didn't know I did that, of course I'm happy that I'm going to see my family after several months". I replied and she hummed as replied too.

"So, I hope you won't forget me when you got home?" I said to change the punim I had.

"Haaahhaa, I can't forget you na! Sure I will be occupied with some things but I can't forget you naa!" She whined and we laughed, we talk about other random things till she get down at her destination, I will sure miss her. The rest of the journey became bored, I can't wait to get to me destination as well.