10

"Have you packed those soap I brought for you?" My mum asked.

"Yes ma" I replied, it's as if I just spend a whole year at home when have practically spent a whole month! Throughout the month I spent, my mum and dad, begged me and made me reason with them, I told them it's not so, have not even read or hear about such before, I tried to persuade them but they both didn't want to hear what am saying, in fact my mom said she will always come to visit me in school.
They made me promise to stop using both jilbab and niqab. She made sure she bought new set of clothes for me, much scarfs, and few abaya's.
"You people are delaying me o!" My dad called from outside, my mum and I both walked out to go inside the car, they want to take me back to the hostel as usual. We got to the hostel walked in, Sekinah said she would be coming back in two weeks time.

"Haaah! I forgot to give you the shampoo and conditioner I brought for you, when next am coming I will bring it"

" When?" I asked stylishly but she only gave me a scornful look of when I wish to, I guess she is sticking to her plan.

☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️☑️

"Assalamualaikum warahmotullah wabarakatuh!" I heard from the person knocking on my door. I can recognize the voice anywhere. That's Sekinah, I was excited and rushed to open the door.

"Heyyyy! Sekinahhhhh"  I squealed. "How are you! I thought you said you are coming on Monday?"

"Yes but since you said lecture has started I decide to come today, so as to prepare myself before Monday"

"Awwnnn I missed you" I said as I helped her bring her loads in.

"I missed you more" she replied.

I served her the food I prepared earlier, I haven't tell Sekinah about what happened at home, I don't know how she would feel if she heard, have been facing humiliation amongst the sisters at the madrasah, even in department, some didn't reply to my teslim, some even said it to my face that they know my type won't last, that day i cried for being judged, I never judge anybody in my life before, my mum and dad always tell me to give people excuse for their actions, I remembered one day on a Whatsapp group chat when the group admin report one of the sisters that she taught us how to bake and she went on Facebook to mention some other names she doesn't know, nobody heard from the sister they all talk against her until the admin came back online to apologise that the sister is not what she thought she is that the names she mentioned were those people that took other classes and she even wrote the name of that particular admin, she doesn't want to post one by one that was why she posted it together. The admin later confirmed that she saw her name as well.
Just imagine the public humiliation! The deeds had already been done it can never be reversed. You already pull the other down with your choice of words and actions and then you think apologizing will heal the other? Of course not! I wonder how people think.

"No be Alhaja Mariam be this?" I heard John asking his friends. They were sitting on a long plank placed on two blocks by each edge.

"Na she o! Omo she don go back to her old ways, I know she won't last" one of the guys said. That day I couldn't help but cry again. It's unbearable and now Sekinah is here, I don't know if I should tell her or not.

"What are you even thinking!" Sekinah hit me slightly to called me out of my muse.

"Hm? Sorry what did you say?" I have forgotten that we are unpacking her bags.

"My mom sent her regards and she said I should give you this Milo and Milk with this chocolates, I told her you like it that you have sweet mouth"

"Ahnn ahnn, thanks to her, awnn this chocolate is my favorite"  I whined. "Thank you for telling her who I'm without mincing words" I replied sarcastically.

"I know, that's why you are not fair! And you are welcome" She jokingly replied.

"Haahann you are so mean! I love my caramel skin like that" I replied and we both laughed together. They unpacked and gist till it was time to go to bed.

🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️🗝️

It's time for school, Sekinah is already through and waiting for Mariam outside whereas Mariam is feeling reluctant to come out because she doesn't know what her friend would say about her.

"Maryam you are always late! Please be fast o" Sekinah called from outside.

"I'm coming! I replied.
The truth is am ashamed to come outside, am through but I don't know how Sekinah will feel, I can't bring myself to tell her, well, she will eventually know, I walked out with my head down.

"What's this? Are you kidding? Why will you come out like this? Where is your jilbab? Just a month at home, you've already changed into this?" I became stunned, this is not what I'm expecting.

"Sekinah it's not what you think.." I tried to talk to her  but she stopped me from talking further.

"Oh please! I know you are materialistic worldly, vanity upon vanity! Even if you open everything now, in the end; you will be shrouded. Do you even think at all? I'm ashamed of you and more ashamed of myself being a friend with someone as you" She hissed loudly and walked away.

Mariam eyes became as red as veld fires, the salty water started oozing as if the kanji dam was released to flow. She  could feel every word spoken resonating with her padded with sputtering sounds and magnified echoes that threatened her ear drum. She knew it is not going to be fine but was not expecting this. She should have seen it coming as Sekinah had a saucy mouth. The quiddity was not so esoteric but she was blinded. She had been a fool by being blinded about her quirks.
She felt niggling, and a part of her head ached. She stood still, trying to calm his nerves, and tumultuous brain.

She walked groggily down the road to school, she doesn't mind if she is late to school, all she's concerned about is to let the pain she's feeling go. She knew she can't get rid of a pain, she will just get a room for it in her heart she thought.

Some of us found ourselves in this kind of situation, where we were judge wrongly. It would be better as a Muslim to act, react and speak according to the Quran and Hadith. It's not easy wallahi may Allah make the deen easier for us and accept it as an act of ibadah.

The WhatsApp scene actually happened to me😂😂 I can laugh at it now but then the pain I felt that day is what I can never described. My sister was also in the group she was the one that alerted me to check all what was posted on the group. I was shocked down to my spine. All the 200+ comments were negative not even a single person give a benefit of doubt on my behalf and we are all Muslimah! We call ourselves sisters! I can never do such! I was shaken. I started to type crying,  I made screenshot of my post and put it on the group. The admin name was even the third then, she confirmed and apologize but the deed has already been done!

That's what birth this story THE INFERRER .  Let's do better Muslim and Muslimah, let's make the religion worthy to be emulated. Do not let the words of your mouth pull others down.

May Allah ease our affairs.🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏