7

It's 3 months already, am doing well academically, we are preparing for our examination, islamically, I would say Alhamdulillah, Sekinah took her leisure time to teach me what I needed to know, I do go to madrasah too and I begin to love Islam more, I started using medium hijab called khimar, there was a lot of criticism.

'Oh! You have joined them?' they mostly say.

'Funky Alhaja?' I heard and turned, it was the lady called Portable. 'I called to confirm if it's you. Wonders they say shall never end! I hope to see you remove it soon because this is not your way' I was stunned, I couldn't utter a word to her, I just walked away.

She and some of my coursemates has said a lot, at first I was sad being that I'm the emotional type. I later got use to it, I didn't let their words get to me, my biggest motivation is the sisters in my Madrasah. The are always awwwning and saying 'Ma Sha Allah, Barakallah fee kum' whenever they see me.
I felt at peace being with them, with one  my akhidah increased, I begin to use jilbab, my friendship with Sekinah improve so much.

The criticism stopped and everyone moved on. I usually met with Moses in class, since he is my coursemate, I do tease him by calling him Musa, he told me he loves how I look in my jilbab, I took it as a compliment, he's the only person whose religion is different from mine and still treats me normal even when he knew we are totally different than before.

We know somethings about ourselves because he has been helping alot in my academics, he even told me his parents were Muslims but he is a Christian because he stayed with his paternal uncle who was a Christian, I just smiled and jokingly told him he would become a Muslim too which he just smiled and say maybe someday. Now I get why he acted normal and never criticized me unlike others.

🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮

"Please, branches of philosophy are epistemology, axiology, metaphysics, and logic abi?" I asked no one in particular but Moses answered me, I quickly replied with okay thanks.

"Remind me of types of knowledge" Sekinah asked.

"Rational, emperical, intuitive, pragmatism, relevation and... authoritative!" I stated them.

"Heyyyy! Guru! This one have swallowed textbook" Sekinah and Moses said together making me laugh.

"See this one's oo, please you people should not whine me abeg"

"Show me the way momma" Sekinah teased, I kicked her with my toes.

"Ouch! That hurts" I rubbed my toes as it sting me.

It's exam period, Sekinah and I decide to meet with Moses in the school premises for group reading since I can't meet him alone and Sekinah said it's an opportunity to read also because she can't read alone besides some of our courses are related.

At 7: 30am the sitting arrangements was done and exactly 8am the exam started. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I was literally sweating not because there is heat but because I feel the questions are hard and it's my first paper in the University as a bonafide student. These is what is going to qualify my performance.

"God! This exam ehnnn! Thank God it's my first paper, it would help me to brace up and try hard for the rest" I said looking tired.

"Why do you speak my mind?" Sekinah replied.

"Me too" Moses said and we all laughed together.

We read for straight 8 hours without sleeping, I could feel heat coming out of my head, my eyes are already puffy only to come to the exam all and be looking and asking ourselves questions, is this how exam is? Am tired already! I sighed in vanquish.

"Musa! Bring food along when coming oh!" I yelled for him to hear because he is already walking away from us.

"See you, you girls should bring food along, am the man here!"

"Mr man, chef Moses, bring food along, I trust you Sha" I replied and we laughed at my reply.
The truth is Sekinah and I have been lazy during this exam, we usually eat out except when Moses brought us food.
At first Sekinah doesn't eat with me thinking there's something going on between us, I had to clarify it that there was no strings attached. Why would I even do that? Why will she thinks so? I can't help but wonder, it's just friendships and nothing else. She later succumb and starts eating with me.

"Why do you like calling him Musa and not Moses?" Sekinah asked.

"Nothing, I just feel like sometimes, Islamically i did no wrong, so far as the name has a good meaning and not to demoralize him, besides i think he is interested in Islam, I saw that in him"

"You think? Well let me leave you to your thoughts cos I think something else" I moved closer and turned her 360, she's now facing me.

"What did you think madam? What is the thinking of your heart?"

"Subhanallah! Did you want to break my bones? And what type of English did you just speak?" When she see I didn't bulge she continue "well I'm just kidding, I'm not thinking anything! I know you will react, I'm only pulling your legs"

I let her go but deep down, I feel there's more to what she had said but for peace and friendship sake, I will let it slide.

📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖

Two papers were tardy but at last we are through with our exams, I can't wait to go home, am already packing my clothes, most of what I packed where my jilbab's I have 10 already, money isn't my problem to buy my needs, I just brought them, I never think of if my parents would accept me using it, while packing I saw the niqaab I brought too, I just smiled, I once thought of using it but I still need to hear from my parents, I think I should use it home.

"Have you done packing?" Sekinah asked.

"Yeah almost through" I replied. When I was done, I used the niqaab.

"Masha Allah! Look at how beautiful it is on you! Do you plan using it now?" She asked.

"No o, I just feel like using it home" I said and she just smiled.