12

The rest of the day rolls by and we were through with the lectures, I packed my books in my bag then clean my sandal before standing up to take my leave. I look around before leaving maybe I will see Moses before going yet I didn't see him, i guess he is not offering this course. I look at the direction of the window only to see Mosope sitting alone and lost in thoughts, I walked to where she is sitting and sat besides her by then just few people are left in the class.

"Mosope are you okay?" She looked at me with a wary eyes "No, I'm with you as a friend nothing more, your facial expression interprets that something is wrong with you and... You were like that throughout the lectures, you can share if you don't mind and I promise not to judge you" I take her hands in my and squeeze it gently till her face fell.

"Firstly it was a rush of excitement, fun and fun has time rolls by it becomes sour, I try to ignite the light but then it became dash of expectations, now my hope is deferred which makes my heart weary"

"I...I... Mosope I don't understand you, make me understand please so that I will know how to come in"

"It's Deji... I can't believe this is happening" she started crying.

"Who's Deji if I may ask?"

"Deji is my boyfriend. We met during first semester, he's my first boyfriend, I gave my all I knew with no doubt that were in love, it's always fun when we were together, people envied us so much, even those in my hostel always appraise us. I care to tell anyone who's willing to listen about us, everything was fine till we resume for this semester he changed, he doesn't pick my calls, he ignores my messages. I went to his hostel and met him sleeping, I told him about his changes and my dear boyfriend told me it was because of sex. 'But Deji we both promised not to have sex till I'm ready?' I asked. I was angry at him, I wanted to leave but... He force me into the bed and raped me! Deji raped me". She started crying again. I was just patting her back because I'm so shocked.

"After he was through with his business, he begged that he thought I was lying to be a virgin. After much plea the stupid me forgive him, we went on, for few days everything was fine till he changed again. I went back to his hostel only to see Adeola my own bestfriend in bed with my boyfriend! Mariam they broke my heart. My life has literally stopped, all hope lost! I love him, Ola has been my friend since secondary school, look at the height of the betrayal? I told her about the changes she persuade me to go to him, I told her about the rape, she convinced me it's normal to have sex since we are dating. They used me! I'm so done for" this time it was a valley of water. Wow! This is much for me to handle, may Allah guide me; I prayed.

"Life isn't about stopping, so why should we stop? Why should we live our lives as if life would stop for us if we don't have a bestie or boyfriend figure in our lives? See we are more than what we have or what we don't have, if it's meant for you it will surely come to you. Life is about choices you make, this choices determines the outcome of our deeds. You made a choice to keep a boyfriend sadly it didn't turn out good. Firstly your choice is wrong, for it to be wrong the outcome is not expected to be better. Keeping unlawful relationship is not right, having sex before marriage is wrong, he's just a mere guy, nobody approved your relationship yet you did unimaginable and unspeakable things together. I'm not sorry to say, you don't have a good friend and better adviser, she push you into pit of hell, it's left for you to decide if you want to come out or you want to be there" I bring her closer to myself and let her face be buried in my chest.

"Mosope, do not despair, turn a new leaf, live your best life and trust God to come through for you, there's more purpose and achievements in this life than unlawful relationships and premarital sex. Why do you even go back to it when you regret the first time? Do not let devil use you as his instrument. Please wait till the right time, it may be tarry but when the right time arrives, trust me; life sweetness will satisfy your soul, you will look back to today and thank them for opening your eyes to better things".