Forever Love

Abhimanyu ran his fingers over the velvet box that lay in his pocket. The night was finally here. He'd somehow managed to enclose the park that was in the middle of the Goenka and Birla residence. There were so many memories at this place that he knew since it was the start of their bond, it was where the start of their forever would be too.

There lay a white wooden round gazebo in the middle which was now covered in fairy lights. The entire deck was covered in rose petals and covered in tea lights and vanilla caramel-scented candles, her favourite. It was simple, yet intricate and special at the same time.

He placed the finishing touches on the place with light music playing in the background and all of her favourite dishes in the middle.

He was all dressed in his dark grey formal pants and a white button-down shirt which was rolled up to his elbows, her favourite, he knew.

And that's when he heard the tinkle of her anklet, bringing a sweet smile to his face, she was here. His heart skipped a beat. If anyone could see the lovestruck Abhimanyu Birla, they would be shocked. To so many, he oozed intimidation but the simple name of Akshara brought him to his knees.

Akshara closed the door to her car and gasped at the sight of the location in front of her with Abhimanyu standing right in the centre. She looked nothing short of an angel, dressed in a white saree that highlighted her like the light she was in his life.

Awestruck for a moment and then not being able to contain herself any longer, she ran toward him.

Just like she did on the day of her return back from Mumbai.

And just like the same day, Abhimanyu worried she'd fall, catching her before she did.

"Careful .. careful.. careful" he hushed, pulling her close.

She looked at him, eyes adoringly, she cupped his face gently, "tell that to my heart" she whispered and before he knew it, she'd caught him in a deep kiss.

Breaking apart, she peered from his chest, taking in the beauty around her. She stepped away from him and twirled in front of him, giggling, bringing a big smile to Abhimanyu's face.

She came back to him and hugged him tightly, burying her head in his chest again.

"Abhi.. this all of this is so beautiful... and it's *here.....*I don't know what to say"

Abhimanyu smiled, pleased she'd liked his surprise and then she silenced against his chest when he heard her sniffling.

"You okay?" he whispered gently, rubbing her head.

"No" she sniffled "not okay at all"

"What's wrong?" he asked worriedly.

"You" she accused looking up and pointing a finger at his chest.. "you have turned me into a blubbering mess... can't remember the last time I didn't cry happy tears, thanking god every day that you are mine"

Abhimanyu's eyes softened at her words, caressing her hair softly "Who's else could I be?"

She pouted and nodded pulling him closer.

"No mine. Just mine" she claimed possessively and Abhimanyu loved it, his heart soaring. Her eyes continued to water as she intertwined their finger.

"Abhi... and A.A... you know how much it meant to me" she remembered, pulling him up on what she'd found this morning.

He covered her lips with his finger, he'd known this was a conversation pending but he didn't wish to prolong it.

"To us... everything that is yours is mine na?" he asked putting a finger beneath her chin and causing her to meet him eye to eye. She nodded, not denying that what was fact was fact.

"Bas... then it's decided, no talks about it... the day you sold it, I wanted it because it's ours" he said firmly.

And for once she understood, the matter was done.

"Thank yo-" she began to whisper and he covered his lips with hers, silencing hers.

"You can thank me later jaan" he whispered naughtily and she blushed at his insinuation. No matter how comfortable she got around him, no matter the number of nights they had spent together, out living their wildest fantasies, she had now accepted, that he would always cause her to blush. He would be the only man to do so.

And to be honest, Abhimanyu accepted that fact readily.

It was a massive turn-on. With her flushed cheeks during their lovemaking and her still taking the lead at times, she was nothing short of his personal vixen sent straight from heaven to him.

Pulling her to the centre of the gazebo, Abhimanyu uncovered all the dishes revealing all of Akshara's favourites and she squealed happily again. He led her to her seat so that they could enjoy a candle-lit dinner, stars twinkling on both of them from above.

They both enjoyed their meals, Akshara relishing the taste of each and every single dish. She extended her arm throughout it so she could intertwine their fingers over the table. She didn't know what had gotten in her. But the need to touch him. To be with him had become so intense.

After dinner, Abhi held her hand and gave her a small smile. His handsome features stood out in the moonlight and under the gazebo. Akshara gazed at him wondering how on earth someone could bet his hot?

"Dance with me?" he whispered huskily nuzzling his nose against her ear and labouring her breathing.

Akshara enchanted simply nodded and walked into his trance. He had truly captivated her in every way possible. She couldn't utter a single word, her heart racing.

They connected their hands and Abhimanyu wrapped another one around her waist.

Abhimanyu lifted her up so she stood on his toes and gently swayed her around, Akshara lifting her head up so she could press a kiss to his lips.

Gently placing her on the ground when they broke apart, Abhimanyu covered her eyes and twirled her around.

And when he opened her eyes, she gasped,

Kneeling before her eyes, was her Abhimanyu with a velvet box in his hands.

And a ring.

A ring.

The most beautiful ring she'd ever seen.

"Akshara... you are the start and end of every bit of my life. Will you make my dreams come true and marry me?"

She froze, she couldn't believe the day was here.

Staring at her Abhimanyu, kneeling on the ground. The day she had prayed for, for as long as she could remember.

Memories of them throughout the years flashed before her eyes. They had come so far.

"Yes" she whispered.

And then she dropped to her own knees so she was at the same level as him.

"Yes yes yes" she cried of happiness.

Before she knew it, he'd slid the ring over her finger and then she was in his arms, crushed up against his lips.

Here's to the start of forever.

Thank you so much everyone for being on this journey with me, I really enjoyed writing this one after coming back to writing after so many years! Who knows... maybe I'll try and write another one? 

Epilogue will be up sometime next week.

Sending you all love and please leave your comments for this last chapter.

N x